Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Easter Eggs... something to look forward to treat wise..

  • 26-02-2021 7:31pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭


    So, got my OH his Easter Egg today from The Chocolate Shop in The English Market here in Cork City.. they make em up as you like.. so I got him a milk choc shell, stuffed with a variety of mint chocolates.. (he loves mint).. tis nicely done - must upload a pic..

    I know its early but missed out last year as didn't order on time..

    Whats on everyone's easter egg wish list? He usually gets me Lindt but would like to hint at something different.. ;););) maybe one from The Chocolate Shop he he..

    IMG-5137.jpg


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Xaniaj


    I tried Aldis triple pack of their ripple eggs, they're small (they're flat) but delicious. The salted caramel was very yummy so picked up one of the large size of that egg and keeping it for actual Easter!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭sporina


    Xaniaj wrote: »
    I tried Aldis triple pack of their ripple eggs, they're small (they're flat) but delicious. The salted caramel was very yummy so picked up one of the large size of that egg and keeping it for actual Easter!

    hmm that sounds great.. is that ALDI's own brand choc?


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck


    I got one of these in Tesco:
    https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/lifestyle/cadburys-launches-mini-egg-easter-eggs/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1610908131

    Stupidly expensive for what it is, but decided this is my egg this year :P

    I haven't been to Lidl in ages, but they usually do really quirky ones that are good value. I had one before with jellies embedded in the shell! And another one with little fudge pieces in the shell. So might check them out too...

    We've postponed our wedding a second time until later in the year, so have decided to get fat for Easter!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭Toulouse


    My OH doesn’t really care, he just wants the most enormous egg. Think it’s something to do with growing up in Germany where they don’t tend to have Easter eggs as we know them, more mini-eggs and chocolate rabbits so the giant ones are somewhat of a novelty for him.

    I would like a nice dark chocolate one. Don’t have a particular one in mind.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭sporina


    woodchuck wrote: »
    I got one of these in Tesco:
    https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/lifestyle/cadburys-launches-mini-egg-easter-eggs/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1610908131

    Stupidly expensive for what it is, but decided this is my egg this year :P

    I haven't been to Lidl in ages, but they usually do really quirky ones that are good value. I had one before with jellies embedded in the shell! And another one with little fudge pieces in the shell. So might check them out too...

    We've postponed our wedding a second time until later in the year, so have decided to get fat for Easter!

    ha ha ha - enjoy..

    sorry to hear about your wedding.. I know that there are worse problems due to the virus but my heart went out to couples who have been affected.. the stress of planning a wedding, never mind a pandemic on top of it..

    you will have to have two wedding anniversaries when the big day finally happens.. one of the initial date and then the real one - happy days


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith


    Last year, living in the UK, I discovered a Bounty Easter egg that had coconut pieces embedded in the shell. It was TO DIE FOR, but hard to get. I don’t think it is even sold over here :(

    I think that’s my dream egg, but I’m liking the sound of The Chocolate Shop so might pop in there some day and see what it’s about.


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck


    sporina wrote: »
    you will have to have two wedding anniversaries when the big day finally happens.. one of the initial date and then the real one - happy days

    Actually our "new" (3rd) date is the same date we originally planned to get married last year! So fingers, toes and tongues crossed that we'll actually go ahead this time and get to keep our original anniversary date :)

    But back to the eggs... I love anything that has extra bits embedded in the chocolate shell! Lily O'Briens are good for that too.. had one before with bits of marshmallow in the shell!


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90


    Whats all this talk of "egg" singular?
    No such thing as just getting one egg for me anymore.
    Ever since its been me buying them and not my mum, I buy them whenever I want chocolate :D

    Think i had a LOB with honeycomb in it before..was yum
    Might go for a dime one this year too


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭sporina


    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Whats all this talk of "egg" singular?
    No such thing as just getting one egg for me anymore.
    Ever since its been me buying them and not my mum, I buy them whenever I want chocolate :D

    Think i had a LOB with honeycomb in it before..was yum
    Might go for a dime one this year too

    lol.. fair play to you..

    I never buy them for myself.. and I won't be getting as many this year due to you all know what..

    But I know I will at least get one.. ;)

    Oh last year I got a v big Cadburys Creme Egg one with 5 creme eggs in it - ekk.. me really no likey them.. off loaded them off at work but I ate the shell


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck


    sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Whats all this talk of "egg" singular?
    No such thing as just getting one egg for me anymore.
    Ever since its been me buying them and not my mum, I buy them whenever I want chocolate :D

    Think i had a LOB with honeycomb in it before..was yum
    Might go for a dime one this year too

    Yeah normally I get a few... One from himself, my parents, his parents and maybe buy one or two for myself. But we won't see anybody to exchange Easter eggs this year and myself and himself do the shopping together, so there's no mystery there... So I'm just buying myself ALL the eggs this year :P


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90


    I just love easter egg chocolate from the fridge so when they come around I'm like yeeeeeeaaaaa gimme all of them


  • Registered Users Posts: 32,636 ✭✭✭✭Graces7


    Just a Cadbury Crème Egg would be wonderful...Or even... two! ;) Nearer the time...


  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck


    woodchuck wrote: »
    Lily O'Briens are good for that too.. had one before with bits of marshmallow in the shell!

    We picked up one of these for the OH today... hoping he'll share :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Xaniaj


    sporina wrote: »
    hmm that sounds great.. is that ALDI's own brand choc?

    Yup, it's their own one!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭sporina


    Happy Easter everyone.. Hope the Easter Bunny brought you all something nice..

    this is what mine got me..

    IMG-5233.jpg

    hmmm.... made to order by The Chocolate Shop in The English Market in Cork City... stuffed with my fav's hmm..

    Got a Lindt egg and bunny from some friends too so happy days..


Advertisement