Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

5k exercise limit - will you continue to observe the limit

• 23-02-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭ rovers_runner

5k exercise limit - will you continue to observe the limit
    Straw poll, no need to justify your choice.

Will you continue to observe the 5k distance limit for exercise 21 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    hmmmthe corpoLudonialldinhomoby2101KevIRLdelta_bravocee_jayArmaniJeanssnyarlothothepSirsokbudgesegozundaHibernicisgmiskeeeeebeaufBrock TurnpikeBigdig69jmlad2020 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭ Bit cynical

Is that the upper limit? I would have to increase my exercise quite a bit to hit anywhere near 5k. More of a challenge if it was the lower limit for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭ Heart Break Kid

Haven’t been anyway however it’s not exactly great cycling weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭ MarkY91

Never have and never will.

As of today, I won't be following any rules asides from mask related rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ jmlad2020

No
    Yes I'm not a rule breaker nor do I intend to run any marathons anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Riodej1578

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Never have and never will.

As of today, I won't be following any rules asides from mask related rules.

Well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭ SnuggyBear

Never have and never will

• Registered Users Posts: 26,743 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

No
    Sure I will, I am near phoenix park and war memorials so plenty of outside space

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ✭✭✭ SilentGreenx32

I never have. What difference does me exercising or walking beyond the 5km in the outdoors make? Literally none. It so pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭ Richard Hillman

I generally stick to it or around 6-7 km on my cycles. I'm going long this weekend if the weather holds up. I'm not doing it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭ Plumbthedepths

I travel to work everyday round trip of 50km. I live rurally, so to be honest I ignored the distance limit throughout. I regularly go for a 20 km run. I don't do loops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭ hmmm

No
    Yes I will observe it. I strongly disagree with it because it affects my outdoors activities which I think have very little risk, but if we all start picking and choosing what regulations we are going to follow we'll be in the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Riodej1578

hmmm wrote: »
    Yes I will observe it. I strongly disagree with it because it affects my outdoors activities which I think have very little risk, but if we all start picking and choosing what regulations we are going to follow we'll be in the ****.

Well done to able to observe it. But most are unable and many would feel we are already in the ****

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ jmlad2020

No
    I generally stick to it or around 6-7 km on my cycles. I'm going long this weekend if the weather holds up. I'm not doing it anymore.

Huh you can't do that. I'm telling the Guards

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 62,311 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Beasty

We're not having a thread dedicated to breaking restrictions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement