Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will tourists be allowed to visit Ireland this summer if they've had their vaccine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

kravmaga wrote: »
    The UK, Kent variant is already here from irresponsible people coming to Ireland before Xmas.The Brazilian P1 variant is also here due to 2,000 Brazilians returning in January after visiting their family in Brazil.

Ban them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Apart from the checkpoints lashing out the fines?

IMO border should be shut, international travel under heavy control until we vaccine, or we know where we stands. This halfway bullshìt, we can't do this and we can't do that, is becoming tiredning.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Why would people want tourists who even if vaccinated can still pass on the covid to us, god knows when the majority here will be vaccinated thus ensuring restrictions go on longer. Do really want yanks coming here who wouldn't wear a mask if their lives depended on it. Ban all non essential travel until the vast majority are vaccinated here

xhomelezz wrote: »
    IMO border should be shut, international travel under heavy control until we vaccine, or we know where we stands. This halfway bullshìt, we can't do this and we can't do that, is becoming tiredning.

300 border crossings, I'm sure with the help of the British Army setting up posts at the crossings it could be done...

300 border crossings, I'm sure with the help of the British Army setting up posts at the crossings it could be done...

See another excuse on the job. Pretty sure we can do without British army. Just make travel as uncomfortable as possible. Without Brits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Why would people want tourists who even if vaccinated can still pass on the covid to us, god knows when the majority here will be vaccinated thus ensuring restrictions go on longer. Do really want yanks coming here who wouldn't wear a mask if their lives depended on it. Ban all non essential travel until the vast majority are vaccinated here

Ireland wont ban USA tourists from coming here this summer, wait and see. We are completely submissive as a country when it comes to the states. Now what on earth they are coming here for, i have no idea. Nothing open, nothing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Ireland wont ban USA tourists from coming here this summer, wait and see. We are completely submissive as a country when it comes to the states. Now what on earth they are coming here for, i have no idea. Nothing open, nothing to do.
    I agree, seems odd that we're banned from going there and yet we never banned them when they are they epicentre, look at the plane in shannon last week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    I agree, seems odd that we're banned from going there and yet we never banned them when they are they epicentre, look at the plane in shannon last week

We are too scared of the USA to go against them. I was absolutely amazed last year when the pandemic was raging through America and thousands of them were left to swan into our country and infect the pubs, restaurants and tourist spots all over. Same with the planes in Shannon, our ministers have a blind spot for USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

We are too scared of the USA to go against them. I was absolutely amazed last year when the pandemic was raging through America and thousands of them were left to swan into our country and infect the pubs, restaurants and tourist spots all over. Same with the planes in Shannon, our ministers have a blind spot for USA.

Case numbers were extremely low over the summer weren't they? Doesn't seem like all these supposed thousands of tourists made any difference at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

In the same boat.

I've booked some spare flights into Belfast and will drive down. Most airlines have free cancelation at the moment.

I was all for rules at the start of this but now all the people close to me have had a vaccination I don't see why we can't visit each other.

We saved the over 70s now time to let the rest of the population to get on with their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Lot of US/Irish expats came home for Xmas too and our government had no balls to stop it

See another excuse on the job. Pretty sure we can do without British army. Just make travel as uncomfortable as possible. Without Brits.

Will need all 300 posts manned in case they bring the variants into Ireland?

Will need all 300 posts manned in case they bring the variants into Ireland?

Just make travel as uncomfortable as possible. But I've said that already.

Just make travel as uncomfortable as possible. But I've said that already.

You're right, a dozen British army soldiers aiming rifles will do the job nicely...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭brickster69

You're right, a dozen British army soldiers aiming rifles will do the job nicely...

Could always ask meat packer companies to arrange few more plane loads over from Brazil.

All roads lead to Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

is_that_so wrote: »
    They probably live here. There are over 13,000 Brazilians in Ireland.

And approximately 20% of them travelled internationally in the last 28 days?

You are the one bringing British army into the talk, with no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

You’ve lost the plot. I hope you don’t have a firearm license. Get some help.

Btw your 3 year border lockdown is fantasy and delusional.

My predictions are that when we get vaccinated and the UK complete their vaccination program we’ll have a travel bubble between the 2 countries for a start.

Micky 32 wrote: »
    My predictions are that when we get vaccinated and the UK complete their vaccination program we’ll have a travel bubble between the 2 countries for a start.

How would that benefit Ireland?
    Every hotel and bnb in Ireland will be booked solid with staycationers like last year.We don't stand to gain anything from the brits coming over and spreading it.

• Advertisement

HBC08 wrote: »
    How would that benefit Ireland?
    Every hotel and bnb in Ireland will be booked solid with staycationers like last year.We don't stand to gain anything from the brits coming over and spreading it.

So keep us closed permanently eh? Did you conveniently forget about the fully vaccinated part of my post?

You do realise people have family in the uK or are you human enough to recognise that fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Case numbers were extremely low over the summer weren't they? Doesn't seem like all these supposed thousands of tourists made any difference at all

Isn't it amazing the way every time someone points out this very obvious and salient point, it gets totally ignored because it doesn't suit the hysterical overreaction narrative currently in vogue?

Micky 32 wrote: »
    So keep us closed permanently eh? Did you conveniently forget about the fully vaccinated part of my post?

You do realise people have family in the uK or are you human enough to recognise that fact?

I had my vaccine a couple of weeks ago.I got AZ,there's some promising data on that re spreading it but nothing concrete and even then it's pointing towards reduced spreading not eradication.
    It's genuinely shocking to me that people don't understand a vaccine doesnt stop you contracting or spreading the virus.

This is basic enough stuff in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

kravmaga wrote: »
    The UK, Kent variant is already here from irresponsible people coming to Ireland before Xmas.

The Brazilian P1 variant is also here due to 2,000 Brazilians returning in January after visiting their family in Brazil.

we should have banned all travel from the UK on December 1st, announced at 10pm with effect from midnight, told the planes just to stop, instead we put on more planes so the ignorant and selfish could bring the UK variant home for Christmas.

Same now with Brazil, should have been a travel ban, any student not in Ireland on 1st Jan should have had their visa cancelled and any Brazilian here told the planes are only going out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Dubit11

john9876 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK but from Ireland originally and I own a holiday home in the west of Ireland.
    I think myself and my wife will have had both jabs by July and we would like to visit Ireland in August for a few weeks with our kids.
    Do you think this will be allowed?

Stay in the UK please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

john9876 wrote: »
    I'm in the UK but from Ireland originally and I own a holiday home in the west of Ireland.
    I think myself and my wife will have had both jabs by July and we would like to visit Ireland in August for a few weeks with our kids.
    Do you think this will be allowed?

The best thing you can do for Ireland is stay on plague island. You made your choice. It was similar types who just "had" to get home for Christmas that has us in lockdown for the last 3 months. You're not wanted. Come back when your new country is a bit cleaner maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

we should have banned all travel from the UK on December 1st, announced at 10pm with effect from midnight, told the planes just to stop, instead we put on more planes so the ignorant and selfish could bring the UK variant home for Christmas.

Same now with Brazil, should have been a travel ban, any student not in Ireland on 1st Jan should have had their visa cancelled and any Brazilian here told the planes are only going out.

How would I have got home then? I was working in the UK on December 1st..

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

It's genuinely shocking to me that people don't understand a vaccine doesnt stop you contracting or spreading the virus.

This is basic enough stuff in fairness.[/QUOTE]

Very bleak outlook, what's the point of them so?

HBC08 wrote: »
    I had my vaccine a couple of weeks ago.I got AZ,there's some promising data on that re spreading it but nothing concrete and even then it's pointing towards reduced spreading not eradication.

Why didn’t you answer my question. So you’re saying once vaccinated carry on with permanent lockdowns and keep borders permanently closed?

• Advertisement

tommybrees wrote: »

Very bleak outlook, what's the point of them so?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t worry about it. You are just listening to insignificant random internet posters. The outlook is very promising.

Advertisement