Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Ross - Irishtown - Broadband

Options
  • 16-02-2021 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Recently moved to New Ross town in the Irishtown area.
    I was already with Vodafone so moved the broadband down with us but had to agree to a new contract.

Anyway we have fiber but the last few meters from junction box to house is DSL line.
    Which is a pity because apparently the junction box is only about 4 or 5 meters from our door!

Internet is flapping, it's up for a few days or minutes, then down again.
    Sometimes down for a few hours.
    Mostly the service is up but the moments when it's down it's hugely disruptive trying to work from home using a VOIP phone that gets cut off mid sentence.

Am only in the house a few weeks and have logged several tickets with Vodafone.
    They keep changing a setting on our router and basically closing the case.
    Repeat.

I keep trying to get them to send a ticket to EIR, apparently they do the actual wiring as this seems like a dodgy wiring issue but for some reason they won't do it.

Any idea when this street will get fiber to door?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Schectercustom

Hi, off topic but this is the most recent post about new ross, I am just wondering how you find living there, thinking of moving there but haven't seen any opinions since the last ones 9 years ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Hi, off topic but this is the most recent post about new ross, I am just wondering how you find living there, thinking of moving there but haven't seen any opinions since the last ones 9 years ago,

Lovely place with pretty much every amenity to hand.
    Maybe except for a good cheap clothes shop as the big Tesco doesn't have any.

I did get internet sorted.
    Took several tickets with Vodafone before they finally sent a Eir technician out.
    Tested the line starting from inside the house.
    Found faults on the line outside and ran a brand new line.

Advertisement