Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canon Digital to Pc or Macbook

Options
  • 14-02-2021 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, i have an old canon camera still works perfect ffor taking videos etc but does anyone know how i can transfer tgese videos to my pc or macbook. I got a video grabber set in lidl one time and did everything as it says but it wont oic up the canon camera when connected.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

"Old Canon camera" is a bit vague! If you could tell us the model, it'd be a lot easier to give you accurate advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Eicar wrote: »
    Hi, i have an old canon camera still works perfect ffor taking videos etc but does anyone know how i can transfer tgese videos to my pc or macbook. I got a video grabber set in lidl one time and did everything as it says but it wont oic up the canon camera when connected.

Any help appreciated :)

If it’s a camera that can shoot digital video it probably isn’t old.

For most modern cameras they usually record on to a memory card - a simple method of transferring the information to a computer is to put the memory card into a card reader and into the computer.
    An alternative solution may be to connect the camera by a cable to the computer to access the files.

It would be very helpful for anyone here to help if you give more information about the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eicar

Apologies, it is a canon mb400i

So no memory card, its just tapes.

I got the usb video grabber from lidl or aldi but thats not working with it, i ordered a fire wire only to realise my pc or mac has no firewire port :(

Im at a loss now

Eicar wrote: »
    Apologies, it is a canon mb400i

:confused: Are you sure? All I'm getting for that search term are various printer parts and supplies ... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

:confused: Are you sure? All I'm getting for that search term are various printer parts and supplies ... :confused:

At a guess it’s a “mv 400i “

It was probably autocorrected by phone.

This might be of help
    https://kodakdigitizing.com/blogs/news/how-to-transfer-minidv-to-computer

• Advertisement

Sorry yes auto correct 🙈🙈🙈its mv400i

Sorry yes auto correct 🙈🙈🙈its mv400i

The good geeks on the web say that you'll never get this camera to work with a modern computer, due to old/obsolete driver incompatibilities. The solution is to use an analog video capture technique and re-record the video in a new digital format. I presume you'll need some thing like this to join the two devices; you should probably have the necessary software already installed somewhere on the computer.

Edit: make sure you find/buy an adaptor that works with PAL !

Advertisement