Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half Back Pairings

• 14-02-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Thornley in the Irish times referenced Murray and Sexton had the second highest tally of any half back combination in history at 65 tests.

First - to me - it just doesn’t seem like it for some reason. Always feels like Stringer and O’Gara had more tests together but I’m probably lumping in Munster.

Main question - who has the highest tally? Weepu and Carter; Dawson and Wilkinson? Can’t find it anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

karlitob wrote: »
    Thornley in the Irish times referenced Murray and Sexton had the second highest tally of any half back combination in history at 65 tests.

First - to me - it just doesn’t seem like it for some reason. Always feels like Stringer and O’Gara had more tests together but I’m probably lumping in Munster.

Main question - who has the highest tally? Weepu and Carter; Dawson and Wilkinson? Can’t find it anywhere.

George Gregan and Stephen Larkham had 77 or 78 test together i think

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Great, now I'm stuck imaging a Couples Come Dine with Me, with ROG & Stringer, Murray & Sexton, and Gregan & Larkham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭swiwi_

I find bluetooth works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Slight tangent but this thread lead to me to this Wikipedia page:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_test_caps_leaders

Which led me to this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_rugby_union_caps_for_Brian_O%27Driscoll

Which one of you made this page? ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

.ak wrote: »
    Great, now I'm stuck imaging a Couples Come Dine with Me, with ROG & Stringer, Murray & Sexton, and Gregan & Larkham.

I would watch the absolute crap out of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭karlitob

swiwi_ wrote: »
    I find bluetooth works best.

Took me a while but I got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Don't know about the most but Gregan and Larkham were incredible in the late 90s/early 00s for the Brumbies and Australia. It would be an interesting debate, but I'd say they were the best pairing of the Pro era to date. World Cup, Lions series, Tri Nations and Super Rugby...they won the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

hahashake wrote: »

I thought it was pretty comprehensive when I saw the breakdown of every game... then I saw his record broken down by stadium. Ridiculous amount of work.

Serbian wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty comprehensive when I saw the breakdown of every game... then I saw his record broken down by stadium. Ridiculous amount of work.

Only the best for our best.

George Gregan and Stephen Larkham had 77 or 78 test together i think

Well done that man!!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Serbian wrote: »

I don't like the way they split the Aviva and landsdowne road

Advertisement