Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VANGUARD S&P 500 UCITS ETF ACC

Options
  • 12-02-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

I'm going to purchase the above ETF monthly for the next 8 years or at least that's the plan. The ISIN number is IE00BFMXXD54. I would be making two transactions per month. One for a kids funds and the other for myself. So would need to be able to identify the transactions 8 years later. When I look up the ISIN number on DeGiro one result is XET/VUAA/IE00BFMXXD54 and the other is MIL/VUAA/IE00BFMXXD54. Is this the same product just traded on two different exchanges ? If so I guess this might be the easiest way to seperate or has anyone a suggestion ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

When I look up the ISIN number on DeGiro one result is XET/VUAA/IE00BFMXXD54 and the other is MIL/VUAA/IE00BFMXXD54. Is this the same product just traded on two different exchanges?

Yes, that is the exact same ETF, the first traded in Frankfurt Germany (Xetra), the second in Italy (Milan).

Not sure on how that works for keeping track of them separately for tax purposes. On the portfolio itself those would be separate items, but I can't advise on whether that is sufficient.

Advertisement