Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couriers in Ireland

• 11-02-2021 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Is there a set rates per kgs for pick up and delivery for small items or a set few per order for all courier's.

I've an item maybe 1200mm long x 600mm wide x 160mm and it would be light. Only a few of in weight needing delivered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Your post is a bit confusing, I'm not too sure what you're asking. Most couriers charge by dimensional weight.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

https://www.parcel2go.com/ie/ or else contact them individually and explain what you want. They all have rates on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

VG31 wrote: »
    Your post is a bit confusing, I'm not too sure what you're asking. Most couriers charge by dimensional weight.

Reading it back again it is confusing me also. Apologizes!

I have an item I want picked up under 10kg and brought from Dublin to Sligo. I was wanting to know does the couriers go pick them up for me and if so, what's the rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

That's a very large parcel so it's above the maximum size for some couriers like DPD.

GLS seems to be the cheapest. They're charging €17.50 for a parcel of that size plus €3.95 for pickup.

I normally use UPS myself, but they charge by dimensional weight so it costs €40 with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

VG31 wrote: »
    That's a very large parcel so it's above the maximum size for some couriers like DPD.

GLS seems to be the cheapest. They're charging €17.50 for a parcel of that size plus €3.95 for pickup.

I normally use UPS myself, but they charge by dimensional weight so it costs €40 with them.

It can be cut down to 600mmx600mm squares. Would this still be classed as large

• Advertisement
Advertisement