Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adult piano lessons in Cork city

• 09-02-2021 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am 34 and I have a developed a greater love of music and song over the past few years but I feel I am hamstrung by being unable to play any instrument. I have decided that I would like to learn piano. When I was 10 or 11 my sister taught me some of the very basics and I could do a few small pieces. But I never stuck with it and what little I learned is long gone.

I am living in Douglas, Cork. I wonder could anyone recommend a good teacher that I could get lessons from?

Also, I will need a keyboard. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Can't give any recommendations for teachers but I would suggest for a keyboard you try the:

Yamaha p-45
    Yamaha p-125
    Roland FP10
    Roland FP30x (the best in my opinion) - you may even get the FP30 variant for cheaper now as it is just being replaced by the x version

They are common enough, especially the Yamaha, so you should get one second hand (you won't get the Fp30x as it is just coming out).

These all have nice furniture like stands you can buy that turn them into a nice feature in your living/bedroom. The P-125 and the FP30 have three-pedal attachments but I don't think they are necessary for quite a while when learning piano from the start.

All have weighted keys that mimic a real piano which is important for learning technique.

Advertisement