Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

ITALY v FRANCE Six Nations. Feb 6, 2021

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,717 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Pretty much. Frustrating part is that Italy have a really good attacking shape, not just "good for Italy," but genuinely good. Think they've got their priorities arse ways though, they need to become hard to beat before they were about a reasonably complex multi phase attack with options all over the pitch. IMO bad teams need to focus first and foremost on set piece, defence, and generally being as tough and niggly and annoying as possible.

Was thinking this myself...they need to find a tight 5 from somehwere. They have good half backs, and a back three that will cause teams problems, but defensively have a lot to learn. I think they've had a couple of decentish U20 sides in the last couple of years, so maybe there will be a couple of forwards in there.

The thing is, their players basically never win rugby matches. Benetton and Zebre have regressed this year. They need to find a winning culture there. They need to back those sides financially, maybe allow them to sign 4 or 5 non Italian qualified players to strengthen them and make them more competitive, which in turn will help the Italian players that are there. A bit like what Munster did with Langford and Williams 20 years ago. Get them used to winning matches. That's probably harder to do with you've only 2 teams of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I thought Italy picked an exciting but risky team which they needed to do to stand any chance which was brave but sadly if things didn’t work out the score line yesterday was always likely, it was probably the worst defensive display I’ve ever seen, it honestly looked like a training run half the tries they scored and by the time they got the bonus point they were almost conserving energy every attack as it was so straight forward for them.

Advertisement