Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Research Council 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blizzardofone

sepiolida wrote: »
    I am completely useless at work today...just been refreshing the portal and my emails all morning.

I did go through the previous threads from the last 5 years to try to decipher a pattern....surprise there's none! :(

2020: 29/6 - Monday
    2019: 1/4 - Monday
    2018: 27/3 - Tuesday
    2017: 23/3 - Thursday
    2016: 19/7 - Tuesday (Council seemed to be a bit of a joke that year, so maybe ignore!)

Oooh so it looks like usually it's early week for results?

I keep refreshing the page / my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sepiolida

Oooh so it looks like usually it's early week for results?

I keep refreshing the page / my emails.

haha I'm such a wreck I didn't even notice 4/5 were early in the week :D This wait is torturous lads

I emailed and they've advised that postdoc results will be out in April. The wait continues.

I emailed and they've advised that postdoc results will be out in April. The wait continues.

Did they indicate early or late April? The lack of transparency is disgraceful at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BuuuuuuuuuB

Early or late? Let us know

• Advertisement

I emailed and got this response just now

"The assessment process is ongoing and we hope to inform the applicants of the outcome in a timely manner. At this moment, the Council is not in a position to share any further update."

Take from that what you will

"The assessment process is ongoing and we hope to inform the applicants of the outcome in a timely manner. At this moment, the Council is not in a position to share any further update."

Are you applying for the PhD or the postdoc? My email response for the postdoc was that they were in the process of finalising the outcome and they were hoping to let applicants know by early April

Are you applying for the PhD or the postdoc? My email response for the postdoc was that they were in the process of finalising the outcome and they were hoping to let applicants know by early April

PhD! At least they gave you a vague ball park! :confused:

PhD! At least they gave you a vague ball park! :confused:

That's very frustrating - hoping they can give more information about the phd results soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bibble123

"The assessment process is ongoing"

That.... does not instill me with a lot of hope. Sounds like it won't be until April at least then? Thanks for emailing them sepiolida, really appreciate it

It's understandable if they're delayed but the lack of communication is so disheartening and upsetting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 scottyboy13dub

Maybe the fact that they haven't told us PhD applicants about a possible April results date is because our results are coming out soon? (Hopefully, lol).. important to note that the application deadline for postdocs was a couple of weeks after the PhD one..

SPECULATION

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buttons21298

F*cking t**ty w*nkers (IRC not you guys lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Choose

I was successful last year and the subject line said "IRC outcome" rather than if it was successful or not.
    I was shaking and literally had to read it 10 times before I could believe what I was reading.
    The email also included my final score and the cut off score.
    Good luck everyone.
    I predict you will hear on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clemfandango5

Hi everyone. I’m so glad I found this thread!

I’m a postdoc applicant and I’ve been obsessively checking the status of my application since the end of last week. I was convinced that we’d have heard at least something by now – even if it was just to say the site was down while it was being updated.

I agree with sepiolida and bibble123, they should make it a bit more transparent. If they aren’t in a position to let applicants know until April sometime then wouldn’t it be a lot easier on everyone – including the people who are fielding the emails - to just put up a quick statement to that effect on their website or send an email?

I mean, fair enough if it’s going to be a few days late or whatever but why torture everyone? What’s with all the cloak and dagger and Cluedo stuff?

I swear this is giving me ulcers

Definitely - it seems odd that there has been no update on the website or even a quick email to all applicants to let us know what's happening.

I emailed in relation to the postdoc and they replied:

“We are currently working on the outcome of the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. We anticipate being able to update applicants via email correspondence in early April”

And so the wait continues…

“We are currently working on the outcome of the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. We anticipate being able to update applicants via email correspondence in early April”

Great news. It seems to be 1st April. Two looooong days.

Hopefully BuuuuuuuuuB! I really hope so. Unless ‘update’ means it’s fudged up and we’ll be sending you all an email in early April to tell you that it’ll be delayed for a few weeks.

I do not think so there will be a delay clemfandango5.
    They said "currently working on the outcome".

Fingers crossed for the 1st April!

• Advertisement

I so hope its April 1st - what a wait this has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AMS_theother1

Does this mean postgrad funding results are a long way to go?

Sorry AMS_theother1, I only asked about the postdoc. I hope you get clarification soon. Perhaps chance your arm and drop them a line. Surely the worst that can happen is that they don’t reply? All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OGrady2212

...This is how I feel right now: dzhgerhzhiuziurhizeurhrgrigurhziugehruhgeuiarhgriuhegiuhrwkuhgze!!!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!!*!!

Ugh. The waiting is PARALYSING.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sspandangler

OGrady2212 wrote: »
    ...This is how I feel right now: dzhgerhzhiuziurhizeurhrgrigurhziugehruhgeuiarhgriuhegiuhrwkuhgze!!!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!!*!!

Ugh. The waiting is PARALYSING.
    I feel exactly the same. Now my anxiety has switched to checking this thread every couple of hours for updates, as well as my own email and the site! Can't focus on anything else.

I feel exactly the same. Now my anxiety has switched to checking this thread every couple of hours for updates, as well as my own email and the site! Can't focus on anything else.

Every couple of HOURS? I admire your restraint, I'm checking every few minutes :D

I know they said early April, but I'm still checking my emails and the portal today like every half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clementine5

Hopefully we'll hear back soon I'm happy I can keep up to date with other going through the same thing. I got an email in the middle of December from the council asking what I intended to do with my current source of funding if I were successful in securing an IRC scholarship. So I guess they have been assessing the applications or at least checking for eligibility since then? Hopefully it will be on time or at least early April would be manageable

• Registered Users Posts: 14 OGrady2212

PhD Scholarship Guidelines definitely states "End of March" as the time frame for announcing the results. It's the last day of March. In theory, today is the day but thus far my inbox has been as silent as the grave..........

• Advertisement

OGrady2212 wrote: »
    PhD Scholarship Guidelines definitely states "End of March" as the time frame for announcing the results. It's the last day of March. In theory, today is the day but thus far my inbox has been as silent as the grave..........

Have you emailed them asking OGrady2212? I emailed a couple of days ago and got the vague response you'd expect but maybe they might tell you something now?

Advertisement