Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shark teeth

• 03-02-2021 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

My 4 year old was complaining of having pain in her mouth every time she would bite. I took a look and see that her bottom two front adult teeth are growing up behind her baby teeth. The baby teeth are still well planted, with not much movement.

I have a dentist appointment now in 2 weeks. What can I expect to happen, will they remove the baby teeth? I want to reassure her about how it is going to be, but I don't want to tell her that they will just take a look in her mouth if there will be more involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Do not be concerned at all, this is perfectly normal. The adult teeth are wider than the baby teeth and though they look as though the front surface is flat, it’s actually slightly curved. The top edge of the adult front teeth erupts behind the baby teeth, but the rest is underneath the baby teeth. As the adult teeth grow, they push the baby teeth up and forward, then out.

Your daughter is teething again, the gums around the adult teeth can be a little sore as they push through. It’ll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Dav010 wrote: »
    Do not be concerned at all, this is perfectly normal. The adult teeth are wider than the baby teeth and though they look as though the front surface is flat, it’s actually slightly curved. The top edge of the adult front teeth erupts behind the baby teeth, but the rest is underneath the baby teeth. As the adult teeth grow, they push the baby teeth up and forward, then out.

Your daughter is teething again, the gums around the adult teeth can be a little sore as they push through. It’ll pass.

Thanks, good to know it's normal and not something to worry about

Advertisement