Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anxiety and Depression is "Long Covid"????

• 02-02-2021 10:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

If you are suffering from anxiety and depression from not being able to work not being able to pay your bills feeling trapped with no way out no light at the end of the tunnel missing your girlfriend or boyfriend mother and father siblings relations being forced to wear a mask not being able to socialize because everyone is 2m away not able to go for a coffee or a pint or enjoy a meal or a movie or a match or a holiday because the utter tyranny foisted on us by NPHET it's because you have long covid.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1356316101077049350?s=19

They think we are stupid.

Why wouldn't they since so many actually believe a virus with a 0.03% death rate requires a level of tyranny that would make the Gestapo's eyes water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Between that and the sinusitis is a sympton of covid, I've clearly been suffering from covid and long covid for the last 15 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

titan18 wrote: »
    Between that and the sinusitis is a sympton of covid, I've clearly been suffering from covid and long covid for the last 15 years.

Old people are dying from dehydration starvation neglect and utter depair in so-called care homes and nursing homes at the hands of the HSE and their deaths are being put down as COVID 19!

Old people are dying from dehydration starvation neglect and utter depair in so-called care homes and nursing homes at the hands of the HSE and their deaths are being put down as COVID 19!

You sir are engaging in scum tactics with that statement

If you are suffering from anxiety and depression from not being able to work not being able to pay your bills feeling trapped with no way out no light at the end of the tunnel missing your girlfriend or boyfriend mother and father siblings relations being forced to wear a mask not being able to socialize because everyone is 2m away not able to go for a coffee or a pint or enjoy a meal or a movie or a match or a holiday because the utter tyranny foisted on us by NPHET it's because you have long covid.

The problem with this long COVID concept is that it's all a bit watery.

If you have tens of millions of cases of COVID-19, inevitably you will find correlations between different people and the virus. But as we know, correlation does not equal causation.

Now what's happening, quite a lot, is that anyone with any symptoms whatsoever is attributing all symptoms to COVID-19. If someone has muscle aches months after the virus, instead of concluding "I don't know the cause", they say, "It's long COVID".

Now we are seeing the same phenomenon with depression etc. - attributing it to the virus rather than the far more likely cause that economic deprivation is leading to mood suppression.

That's not to say that post-viral syndromes do not exist. They do - as they do for many other viruses. But it is far too early to be drawing robust conclusions as to what really constitutes LONG COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭dubrov

You sir are scum with that statement

Why not challenge them for evidence rather than resort to name calling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭I see sheep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma

dubrov wrote: »

Edited slightly as it was and remains and incredibly serious and baseless allegation, reflecting the general style of some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

You can’t say stuff like that without providing backup in fairness.

emeldc wrote: »
    You can’t say stuff like that without providing backup in fairness.

There's a reason there was no link attached to his point. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Unless they have a control group then I not convinced by this.
    Do people who had Covid months ago feel anxious and depressed right now? Yes probably.
    Do people who never had Covid feel anxious and depressed right now. Also yes.

Majority of people I know are struggling right now. Friends are finding themselves snapping at the kids, need a break from their partners. Struggling to sleep, no motivation. I would say my own mindset isn’t as positive as it was a month ago.
    People who have previously had Covid will be struggling from same problems as rest of population.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,967 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Obviously the OP doesn't know the difference between something being a "symptom" of a condition....

As opposed to the symptom BEING the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Send me some evidence of this via PM and in the meantime stay out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Ah.... I see that Gemma O'Doherty and that Dickhead from the Corrs have finally had a baby together......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

'One of the symptoms of Long Covid that we are seeing is anxiety and depression'

'A lot of sinusitis does seem to be Covid'

'If you have flu-like symptoms, it’s unlikely to be anything but Covid-19'

'it is worrying the number who are turning up positive without symptoms.'

They must know we're laughing at them, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You sir are engaging in scum tactics with that statement

They're correct it does happen, we were all told to leave my grandmothers side in the nursing home at around 10pm one evening as nothing more could be done. My cousin was protesting wanting to stay, I whispererd her to go but said I'll come back when everyone is gone, I came back an hour later, spent the night getting tiny bits of water into her mouth all night as she was gasping for a drink. At one point I thought I'd killed her as she started gagging on the water luckily enough the opposite happened.
    Called my dad the following morning to say his mum is up having tea and toast, she lived on for over another year and got to hold some more of her great grandkids.
    I have no doubt the decision not to give her any more water or oxygen would have resulted in her death that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

You better have some evidence for that claim buddy boy or else quit posting this sort of hysterical ranting bull****e.:( Disgraceful post.:mad: You should hang your head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Such a troll. Most nursing homes in Ireland I've ever been in provided great service to their residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,502 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Ah.... I see that Gemma O'Doherty and that Dickhead from the Corrs have finally had a baby together......

:pac:

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Polar101

Evidence suggets that when people mention the nazis in the first post, they're not looking for a reasoned debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I think there's a reason there was no 'evidence' accompanying his claims :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Ah long covid. Because never before in human illness history has anybody suffered fatigue or other after effects that dragged on for several months.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why wouldn't they since so many actually believe a virus with a 0.03% death rate requires a level of tyranny that would make the Gestapo's eyes water?
    Given 0.1% of the population have already died of(/with) this, and in terms of recorded numbers of cases the figure is 1.7% (so the actual mortality rate is somewhere between those two percentages), rather than merge it into another thread I'm closing it - It's basically trolling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement