Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Subwoofer fuzzy... destroyed?

Options
  • 01-02-2021 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭

Decided to play some heavy bass tunes at a louder than usual volume on my long-loved all-in-one hifi, and within minutes the bass sounds starting crackling and fuzzing.

Dropped the volume down to the lowest setting and the crackling still comes through (albeit quietly).

Is the sub woofer ruined or is it just popped out of place?

I haven't taken off the cloth screen cover yet to see, but just curious what's involved in repairing something like this.

It's an old enough system so I've gotten my money's worth out of it, but shame for it to die due to my mis-use :(

It's an all in one, so the sub woofer is integrated into the body.

Advertisement