Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh - thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi All< I have a very intermittent issue on my 191 Ioniq, happens once every few weeks

From time to time, I have no audio, from anything, Radio, Bluetooth, Android Auto etc

If I switch my AV off and on, this does not fix the issue, however if I pull over and switch the car off/on issue fixed

Has anyone come across this before

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

A modern electric car is like a computer, it needs the occasional reboot to fix a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭zg3409

For ioniq 28kWh I get 160km reliably summer and winter driven like I stole it mostly motorway at or above speed limit. In some extreme conditions you might get less range, such as sub zero temperatures or large head wind, but you can see on the display the energy usage and if it's higher than normal then you can estimate how far you should get.

I typically get a guess o meter range of 170km+ that creeps up in summer to 190km. If you go at slow speeds you can get much higher but I prefer to give worst case.

The car is ideal for 120km or less daily commutes. It also charges exceptionally quick with often 20 minute motorway stops on long trips on common 50kW chargers. The battery is forced air cooled when charging fast.

It has lots of bells and whistles as standard such as adaptive cruise control which is optional on other cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

248km this morning after a full charge. Winter generally drops to about 210km. Someone mentioned Donegal a few pages back. I recently went to Bundoran with the family, drove straight up to the hotel without needing to charge, and same on the way back. Spent 4 days visiting places around the area, only times I ever charged was overnight at the hotel.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

About 245/250km (highest I've ever seen it was 255km) in summer and roughly 220 in winter. Driven like a normal car ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Look harder lad I got 16k for my 171,it's just gone up for sale at 18k.

Did anyone ever get one of those aftermarket 'frunk' sets setup for their cables?

Am getting pestered by google ads and facebook ads for them. I'm scratching an itch by checking in if anyone's got one - any positive/negative reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭this.lad

I'm not sure I'm even that interested in changing. But that's some difference in price and would make a change possible.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's pretty unrealistic if you drive it with any kind of spirit, we'd get a dependable 165km of range in winter on the motorway, and closer to 190km in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We've covered that many times before. Ioniq 28kWh is extremely efficient, you can get 300km range in summer if you drive it with a very light foot and you drive smoothly (but without having to resort to hypermiling techniques) on regional or national roads if you keep below 100km/h. That said, speed up to well over 100km/h and the range shrinks quickly. 165km of range at 120km/h GPS speed on a cold day in winter is probably even pushing it. You wouldn't want any rain or wind or you won't make that!

• Advertisement

I'd have zero motorway driving generally, work is 25km away all on smaller roads,probably why my figures are quite high on the gom, on the odd occasion when I am on the motorway (love the cruise control on this car...!) the range does drop fairly rapid though!. Probably will sell next year, just hope the situation with the grants for new cars doesn't change between now and then

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I looked into it when I had mine, but the cost you pay for the storage you gain just didn't add up for me. Somehow buying an ID.4 made more economic sense. 😂

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Not saying it's impossible, but you are likely to leave people disappointed if you leave out that detail when someone asks the range question :D, or even worse you'll leave them stuck at the side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

My 2019 Ioniq's GOM has never gone beyond 240km.

Day to day, drive like normal - 200km in GOM Summer, 180km Winter.

I wonder if the 2017 GOMS are overly optimistic or is the older car somehow more efficient??

I don't put much stock in the GOM one way or another

Nah. It just varies driver to driver. Ours never seen over 230km. Cork and it's hills didn't help the GOM though.

Half afraid to say but......was 243 this morning !! Was one of those rare days I was on the motorway though, and will be on it again tomorrow so I'll probably see a drop in the gom figure for 100% charge for a while after that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭RonnieL

When I was getting my car, someone mentioned getting the front bumper wrapped. Has anyone had it done, and willing to share a pic? I love the car, but the front bumper is pretty ugly.

Here's mine just before I sold it. Did the rear too. Wrap + rear tint was €340 I think.

There is an Irish seller of them, I posted a link a few pages back. They say in the ioniq it's smaller than equivalent kina/niro model but I've never even seen a photo of an ioniq frunk installed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭snowcat

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I have a frunk for my Soul, and its great. Good quality, easy to fit and easily takes my cables, 50ft extension cable, first aid box etc.

However there is significantly more dead space under my soul bonnet than there was under my Ioniq. I'd contact Frunk and ask them what the capacity of the Ioniq Frunk is relative to the capacity of the soul/eniro/kona frunk, I suspect it might be considerably smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭snowcat

171 28kWh. I dont see any change in the GOM either below 100km. Seems to be accurate.

Ioniq 28kWh

I drove 110km yesterday + a bit of home charging + 100km more (210km total) and before I got home I was on turtle, then turtle flashing, then at 3km range the range went blank to dashes. I was aware I may run very low but Gom showed 130km left at start of 100km round trip. I drove all day at 120km GPS real speed (around 130km on Speedo)

So even in this weather 200km is not possible at 120km/h. I reckon I gained 10kwh of energy between trips on home charging. I need to check the statistics on energy usage from the car, but I was willing to take the risk to prevent having to public charge mid trip. I slowed down, turned off air con near the end and I was fighting range to destination (home) versus range left on battery. At times it said I had less range than needed to make it home but after slowing I reckon I might have had 2km spare. It's not something I do regularly, and I passed 3 X 50kW chargers twice but chose not to stop.

The moral of the story is keep an eye on sat nav range to destination versus battery Gom range, and charge or slow down. Typically I don't worry as my commute is 110km motorway, and I can drive in sport mode at motorway speeds.

"So even in this weather 200km is not possible at 120km/h"

Yeah, 200km at 120km/h GPS would never happen in the Ioniq. You'd need to be averaging just 14kWh/100km & go from 100% to 0% given the 28kWh battery.

The Ioniq GOM wasn't linear either & range disappeared far more quickly at the low end.

I'd cruise at 100/110km/h if necessary to make it home - that yellow turtle isn't great for the auld mental health 😜.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Fermi

Hi all,

I am sorry if this has been discussed previously, I need an advice:

I tried to open my car today and came across a weird set of problems. First, one of the side mirrors did not move into position, and was making a weird sound like it is trying. Then when I opened the door, the display said that the key is not detected and to turn on with the key pressing the start button. After doing that it then start beeping and displayed a message to stop the car and check the brakes. I think I read some time ago it can be caused by the weak 12V battery, however the car was serviced and we asked the dealer to check the battery and they said they ran the check and all was fine. (it was my first service there - Castlebar Hyundai, so not sure how reliable they are.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Any ideas? Thanks.

It could well be a low 12v battery. It can cause weirdness. Was it sitting a while? What year is it? An early 2017's battery is approaching 4 years now (I did higher level maths in school 😁).

I'd say keep an eye on it & if it repeats more erratic behaviour, probably replace the 12v (or have the dealer do it under warranty, ideally!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

I had similar issue , which I think was a weak 12v battery, was something draining the battery, ie door or boot left open, which causes the interior lights to stay on. During lockdown 12v battery depleted , because I was not driving much, and any driving short journeys

Advertisement