Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sunday 31st - Naas, Catterick

• 30-01-2021 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Bachasson is far too short for a Grade 3 2m hurdle in the 115. Hes a 2m4f horse.
    Coeur Sublime is the value in that one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Bachasson is far too short for a Grade 3 2m hurdle in the 115. Hes a 2m4f horse.

Winston C an interesting runner in that race, for the Americans

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Bachasson getting weight off his 3 main market rivals on ground he absolutely loves. Out from the front and won’t be bet IMO regardless of the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought Bachasson was a good thing also. Race conditions make it hard to beat.

And I thought Hills of Antrim would be a winner wherever she ran next time after running The Stattler close, considering she never jumped. Thought it was a 1/2 shot. Double for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

Ilikedwayurthinkin is an interesting runner in the 3:45. Will have to go very close to winning this if he's to get into the Plate at Cheltenham. Stepping back up in trip will definitely suit. I'm expecting a big run today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I was looking at the race last night and thinking CS was the bet. I'm now thinking I'll sit back and watch because I don't think its ludicrous to think they might try go for the county hurdle with this boy and if so theyd like to finish 3rd or 4th here. Near the head of the weights off a strong gallop, Keith be well able to do the weight. He could be interesting in it.
    Nr now

• Advertisement

Baltimore Bucko, one of the American horses based here for a few months runs in the 2.45 Naas, ran a cracker at Limerick the last day, jumped lovely, travelled a bit keen the only issue so hopefully has learnt from that.
    Has jockey claiming another few lbs off today and the form of his xmas run working out pretty well. Hell be trying for sure and is a nice ew price.

JagoMoon wrote: »
    Ilikedwayurthinkin is an interesting runner in the 3:45. Will have to go very close to winning this if he's to get into the Plate at Cheltenham. Stepping back up in trip will definitely suit. I'm expecting a big run today.

I'd say hes a tryer for sure. They have him too well handicapped. I could see him being one the Bha handicapper wouldn't give a single extra pound to just to keep him out of the race if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I'd say hes a tryer for sure. They have him too well handicapped. I could see him being one the Bha handicapper wouldn't give a single extra pound to just to keep him out of the race if it came to it.

This won't be winning. 4th or 5th place finish will be the order of the day.

Kauto wrote: »
    This won't be winning. 4th or 5th place finish will be the order of the day.

Did you see his rating? He keeps going down the weights hell struggle to get into the National down in Ballinrobe. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

They are going balls deep on Persia in the first.

• Advertisement

Did you see his rating? He keeps going down the weights hell struggle to get into the National down in Ballinrobe. :pac:

Keeps going down the ratings? He has only got his chase mark. English handicapper will lump 7-10 pounds on top of his Irish rating which would get him into a novice handicap in Cheltenham if they are bothered bringing him.
    Fourth or fifth today wouldnt see him getting dropped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Hayley Turner rides in the first at " Woolie " today. Her only ride today.

Other winners include

Naas
    1.15 Grand Roi - won at Christmas when Elliott couldn't buy a winner, more to come.
    3.15 Pencilfulloflead - if they raced over 5 miles this thing would win, 3 miles on heavy is his bag.
    3.45 Stormy Judge - looks about right at 7/1 if it is trying - small beans win only.
    4.15 Stalker Wallace

Keeps going down the ratings? He has only got his chase mark. English handicapper will lump 7-10 pounds on top of his Irish rating which would get him into a novice handicap in Cheltenham if they are bothered bringing him.

I meant relative to his hurdles mark. They have the low mark they were looking for. If they've any cop on which they have they'll not want to go down any further or they'll get into nothing in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Slattsy wrote: »
    They are going balls deep on Persia in the first.

Not shocked as didnt think he'd need to be anything special to win this. Coltor looked seriously one paced last time at Punch and not sure hogan horse that finished ahead of him is much better. Missed bigger prices though so just a watch.

Edit: happy to have sat that one out anyway! Finished in a bit of a heap so hard to know what to make of it, but French Aseel connections be happy enough at least. Halifax maybe the one to note from it.

The Mig wrote: »
    Bachasson getting weight off his 3 main market rivals on ground he absolutely loves. Out from the front and won’t be bet IMO regardless of the trip

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Ah well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Bachasson very impressive. Interesting to hear his Festival target after that.

Baltimore Bucko, one of the American horses based here for a few months runs in the 2.45 Naas, ran a cracker at Limerick the last day, jumped lovely, travelled a bit keen the only issue so hopefully has learnt from that.
    Has jockey claiming another few lbs off today and the form of his xmas run working out pretty well. Hell be trying for sure and is a nice ew price.

Fav now Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

if matt smiths horse doesn't win of 9-13 its a huge mark against zanahyirs form

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭gillamandango

Absolute Farce of a race, starter needs sacking..

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Disgraceful that. How did Aarons day finish 2nd. Would of hacked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,373 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Shambles at Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Absolute Farce of a race, starter needs sacking..

Laughable

Oliver mc kiernan and co will be pulling their hair out. Imagine waiting on Aaron's day for a yankee :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Punters Graveyard.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Punters Graveyard.

Not for anyone with half a clue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

Glaciers move faster than pencilfulloflead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Big drift suggest it won't be trying.

Big drift suggest it won't be trying.

Sure anyone with half a brain and any knowledge of how they operate could tell you that!! Trying first time in a handicap? Give me a break.

He might be that well handicapped they there is a chance he will get away on them but Mark Walsh will take a big exaggerated pull at one of the fences to lose a few lengths!!

He wont be running at Cheltenham over fences that's for sure. :pac:

• Advertisement

He wont be running at Cheltenham over fences that's for sure. :pac:

Nice enough run i thought. Wouldnt have thought Cheltenham was ever on the agenda.

Advertisement