Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Swinging egg chair

  • #1
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,034 mod Faith


    I wonder if anyone knows where I might find a chair like this?

    23mAat_c.jpeg-588x1024.jpg

    I want an indoor one, so not rattan. Googling just brings up garden furniture and shītty Chinese websites. Are there any bricks and mortar stores (preferably with a website) that you've seen a similar chair on?


Comments



  • Faith wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone knows where I might find a chair like this?

    23mAat_c.jpeg-588x1024.jpg

    I want an indoor one, so not rattan. Googling just brings up garden furniture and shītty Chinese websites. Are there any bricks and mortar stores (preferably with a website) that you've seen a similar chair on?

    https://www.caseys.ie/zamora-single-hanging-egg-chair

    This is steel?




  • Stheno wrote: »

    Thanks, it would probably work if I couldn't find any designed for indoor use, but it's also unavailable so doesn't seem possible to purchase.

    I'm raging because I saw the perfect one in a small boutique shop a few years ago but didn't buy it, and it was gone when I went back. I've never been able to find similar again.




  • Faith wrote: »
    Thanks, it would probably work if I couldn't find any designed for indoor use, but it's also unavailable so doesn't seem possible to purchase.

    I'm raging because I saw the perfect one in a small boutique shop a few years ago but didn't buy it, and it was gone when I went back. I've never been able to find similar again.
    You can order it i think

    I was looking for one last year and Caseys had a fairly big range. Might be worth giving them a call?




  • Hi Faith,

    Homesavers carry Egg chairs. They had them in last year up to around October/ November and have them again although they are out of stock in my local Homesavers at the moment.... I remembered the thread and asked in store on your behalf. They will be getting them in again though and they told me price was €220 for a single seater and €320 for a double seater. I took a photo of the display model they had in the entry space to the store.

    I always considered an Egg chair to be something you would only be inclined to put in a conservatory/ sunroom but I'm no expert.

    Edit - Apologies, photo doesn't want to upload no matter what I do - will try again tomorrow.




  • Thanks, that’s really good of you! I appreciate it :)


  • Advertisement


  • Faith wrote: »
    Thanks, that’s really good of you! I appreciate it :)

    The photo you copied, with the exception of colour is the precise outdoor one which we purchased 4 years ago. For the first couple of years we kept it indoors in the winter but have since not bothered. It’s well made. Got it from outdoor living.ie which was at Horkans Glen o the Downs/Kilmacanigue.




  • Photo added - Homesaver's chair. Apologies on delay Faith, was trying earlier today also and it just did not want to upload for some reason.




  • As a general rule of thumb, they'll appear in HomeStore+More around May. Assuming Covid hasn't messed up their schedule.




  • Excellent, I'll wait for closer to the summer then. I think my timing was just off last year.




  • Don't know where you are but Hanleys Garden Centre, Cork have them. They might deliver.

    https://hanleysofcork.com/product/bologna-swinging-pod/


  • Advertisement


  • We had a single one and swapped for a double. If you have the space, I couldn't recommend one more. You can bring your legs up into it and it's like being back in the womb, just without the nutrients.




  • Wyldwood wrote: »
    Don't know where you are but Hanleys Garden Centre, Cork have them. They might deliver.

    https://hanleysofcork.com/product/bologna-swinging-pod/

    I pass by there every day, thanks! That's probably the most promising lead for now :)

    /edit: just browsing more and they have a few different varieties, winner!

    @ el Fenomeno - love it! That's kind of the aim, tbh. There's something very sensory about feeling enclosed when you sit, but also the freedom of swinging. Hammocks and swinging chairs are the business for that.


Advertisement