Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Emergency Gas man to house who just had covid

• 25-01-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ mauraf

Hi
    I had to call my local Gas man to the house this morning for a suspected gas leak.
    He arrived, and while here, he told me is had just recovered from Covid, and finished his 10 day quarantine 6 days ago.
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt - but did keep distance as much as possible / as often as possible eg bar showing him where I though leak was coming from.

I am now worried! Should I be concerned that he may have brought something into the house? Im googling away here and seems he would no longer be contagious - suppose I just want reassurances!

Maura

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭ Danno

No, he's probably one of the safest to be around, especially if he washed his hands before entering the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf

I'd be more worried about the Gas, that would be my priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ mauraf

Thank you - that reassures me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭ Inquitus

mauraf wrote: »
    He arrived, and while here, he told me is had just recovered from Covid, and finished his 10 day quarantine 6 days ago.
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt - but did keep distance as much as possible / as often as possible eg bar showing him where I though leak was coming from.

He's followed all the HSE advise, done the 10 day Quarantine after a positive test, you have nothing to worry about imho, I recently recovered from Covid as well, and I was defo not still symptomatic after the 10 day quarantine, you have 6 days on top of that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭ jimmycrackcorm

mauraf wrote:
    He was masked - but stupidly, I wasnt

I'm surprised about how little people understand about mask use.

Wearing a mask protects others from you, not the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf

... there is growing evidence that even cloth masks can also reduce the amount of infectious droplets inhaled by the wearer...

I don't think the OP needs to stress out about it.

Advertisement