Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alphabet A-Z of Pro Wrestling

Options
  • 18-01-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So I've recently taken part in my first SHEEP and have caught the bug! I'm currently enrolled in the world cities edition and thought I might try my hand at doing one myself. Forgive me if it doesn't run as smoothly as the rest, so maybe consider this a test run.
    map_img_1241140_1554157804.jpg
    To the subject at hand. Real, fake, scripted, sports, entertainment, sports-entertainment and everything in between. Pro Wrestling is something a lot of us grew up with. It had a massive boom in the 80's with the roided up cartoon characters and again in the late 90's when it was the biggest thing around.

I want your A-Z of top goodies and baddies from any time throughout history. Maybe there'll be traps, maybe there won't be.

With that said, get your nominations in and I'll do the reveal this weekend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just to point out some small things

- You may use a tag team or a manager instead of a wrestler if you like.

-We're going by ring name. Chris Jericho would fall under Chris Jericho and not just ''Jericho''.

- Several wrestlers have gone by a quite a few names but are different characters so you may use both e.g. Papa Shango/Kama/The Godfather were all portrayed by the same guy but are different characters. That's fine.

- Finally, any wrestler with ''The'' in front of their name you should file under what comes next. So The Repo Man would come under Repo Man and is filed under the letter ''R'' and so on!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Love it :)

Entry in already :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive never played Sheep before, whats it all about?

Hopefully a few old school heads participate as I'll struggle with all the modern play-wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

beakerjoe wrote: »

Basically trying to find the most popular answer for each question. So if the question was name a musical act beginning with A and you and 4 other people said ABBA, you'd score 5 points. However it may have been that 10 people said AC/DC, so they score 10 points. And the one person who said Bananarama scored zero because they clearly don't understand the alphabet. Most points at the end wins. There can be other twists along the way, but that's it at its most basic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hopefully a few old school heads participate as I'll struggle with all the modern play-wrestlers.

Well my wrestling knowledge stops at Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki, so I'll be sitting this one out.

I've made an absolute balls of one of the letters.

Just get me via PM if you want. Loads of time

Two full lists in already!

I've made an absolute balls of one of the letters.

Your list is spot on mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Zaph wrote: »
    Well my wrestling knowledge stops at Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki, so I'll be sitting this one out.

That's one more than me!

Even with Google to help I'd struggle with this one, so I'll stick to wishing Omackeral good luck on his SHEEP debut!

Count me in!

Thanks for the explanation guys

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll give it a go

So is it acceptable to call a wrestler by his surname only?

Say I have Jimmy Beam, and I put him down as J or B? Im thinking J.

Go with the full name in that instance.

Also, I do have a few traps set but they're just random and not necessarily top answers! What that means is if you fall into a trap (i.e. pick the same as I've picked, you get zero points). It's only a bit of craic anyway!

Three lists in and done already. Some great shouts so far!

So far submissions have come in from;

Necro
    Shane Shy Range
    the purple tin
    Sawduck

One main eventer and three curtain jerkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'll be in with a list at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rattled through about half the alphabet handy enough, the other half will take some thought...

There's another one running if you want to name cities ;)

• Advertisement

There's another one running if you want to name cities ;)

Ill take a gander
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Go with the full name in that instance.

Also, I do have a few traps set but they're just random and not necessarily top answers! What that means is if you fall into a trap (i.e. pick the same as I've picked, you get zero points). It's only a bit of craic anyway!

So Jimmy Beam goes to J. Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Usually take part in all your tournaments Omackeral but i couldn't name 3 wrestlers so good luck with this. I'll have a go at the city one.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,974 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Me Too :o so I pm A to Z of wrestlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Great idea for a Sheep. Haven't participated in one in a while but memories of the Attitude Era were too much for me to stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Good luck Omack, ill try get an entry in..

Just a couple of things, firstly download yourself the sheepulator (I think thats what its called :D)

And don't worry about correcting peoples lists, no wrong answers in sheep!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In. Only ever had a passing interest in wrestling, so not sure what the popular answer will be in most, so just went with wrestlers I know or like, and in case of the more finnicky letters just whoever I could think of...

Does the Iron Yuppie count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Does the Iron Yuppie count?

Good stuff beakerjoe, keep those names coming

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Me Too :o so I pm A to Z of wrestlers?

That's it Lady Liz. Basically! It's like Family Fortunes where you try to get the most popular answer for each letter. I already what you're picking for C :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Trigger wrote: »
    Just a couple of things, firstly download yourself the sheepulator (I think thats what its called :D)
    He's right there!

The programme everyone uses, lovingly called the sheepulator, can be downloaded from https://github.com/blue-sun-tech/SheepScore/releases/tag/2.1

Scroll down to assets and download Sheep.Score.2018.v2.1.zip

Advertisement