Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas face coverings??

• 15-01-2021 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭ sporina

So, just remembered my Christmas face covering - soo,... what to do with it... umm... I hope I won't need it this year!! So, throw it away or wash it and put it up in the attic with the decorations; could hang it on the xmas tree this year.... ekk....??

what did everyone else do theirs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭ DvB

sporina wrote: »
    So, just remembered my Christmas face covering - soo,... what to do with it... umm... I hope I won't need it this year!! So, throw it away or wash it and put it up in the attic with the decorations; could hang it on the xmas tree this year.... ekk....??

Didn't get any Christmas ones ourselves, but if i had i wouldn't be binning it, as you simply don't know what could happen in the future. Have a feeling we may see face masks become more common after this anyway in flu season.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 21,240 ✭✭✭✭ Autosport

I still wear mine :) a mask is a mask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭ Caranica

I'd wash, put in plastic bag and put in with decorations. Masks aren't going away. There has been next to no incidence of flu this season despite a drastic reduction in vaccines available. I can see an element of mask wearing being required for a long time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

That's exactly what I'm doing with mine, Caranica. They are going away with the 'soft' Christmas things, like Christmas stockings, jumpers and so on. :)

I also forsee an element of mask wearing for the next while; especially on public transport. When you think of the difference between cold/flu levels this winter with masks/sanitiser in use, they really help stop the spread of germs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭ kitten_k

I threw mine out! I agree we will probably need them next Christmas but it’s an excuse to buy new ones :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭ sporina

its gone up to the attic with the rest of the decorations...

we shall see what its fate is in Dec '21..

stay safe everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭ TRS30

its gone up to the attic with the rest of the decorations...

we shall see what its fate is in Dec '21..

stay safe everyone x

Same with ours. Got packed away with all the other Christmas clothes.

If we need them again great, if not even better.

Advertisement