Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eco 300ix system

Options
  • 13-01-2021 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking at getting Solar installed for my hot water.

Have been quoted at 5.5k inc vat for an Eco 300ix system (Energie Thermodynamic Solar panel). Wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback on this system ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

same answer as i gave over on plumbing forum use search for posts on Lvp lots of treads on here

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

alan kelly wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Looking at getting Solar installed for my hot water.

Have been quoted at 5.5k inc vat for an Eco 300ix system (Energie Thermodynamic Solar panel). Wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback on this system ?

Not the answer you are looking for, but consider looking at Solar PV instead of the thermodynamic system. You'll get a decent system for €5.5k and it will give you a better return on your money.

Im really after the hot water factor... I want 24 hour hot water but i might look at the others long term also

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭The devils

I have one installed 9.years and it's great

Eco 250esm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, I get that for different people the priorities are different, and that for you hot water might be a priority. Still I'd be with KCross above and look at PV solar for heating the water over a specific solar installation which only heats water. Your flexibility, payback and just general options with PV solar is "just better" in my humble opinion.

10 years ago I'd have said if you wanted to heat water then a system specifically designed for that was the way to go. But with the price reductions, efficiency improvements etc which have happened in PV solar over the last 5 years, that needle has swung the other way.

For €5.5k you'd get a decent entry system, which if you wanted you could prioritise the water heating. A small battery (2.5Kwhr or there abouts) which you could use in the winter (when there isn't much sun) and heat the water from night rate electricity.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you heat water today?

Currently using my oil boiler but just put a deposit on a heat pump install

Advertisement