Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

risk of virus in an open plaza

• 09-01-2021 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

excuse me opening a thread for this, have spent hours looking.

I have gotten into rows with my daughter over drinking tea from a hatch that serves it and chatting with either one friend or two on an open Plaza

We do not stand 2 metres?6 feet apart but I would say we stand 2.5 FEET apart.

Some months ago I heard,(I am fairly sure) a medical person on RTE(the particular chap had a perhaps Scottish or Donegal accent).
    He said that if two people were standing in the open air
    (I feel sure I heard this, I dont mind if I am contradicted), that even if one had the virus, it would be very unlikely that the other would catch it.
    Can anyone verify that this was said.
    If it was ,is it likely to be true?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,395 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The 2m refers to outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

2 metres is still the recommended minimum distance.

You are much more likely to catch it indoors but it still does trasmit outside.

The virus seems to thrive in cold temperatures as well, then you have the added worry of the new strain being much more transmissable it's better to be safe than sorry and adhere to the guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Just tell her to stay inside and not be going for tea with friends at the moment. Its just safer. She'd likely be fine but she'd bring it home and infect (maybe kill) you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

rugbyman wrote: »
    excuse me opening a thread for this, have spent hours looking.

I have gotten into rows with my daughter over drinking tea from a hatch that serves it and chatting with either one friend or two on an open Plaza

We do not stand 2 metres?6 feet apart but I would say we stand 2.5 FEET apart.

Some months ago I heard,(I am fairly sure) a medical person on RTE(the particular chap had a perhaps Scottish or Donegal accent).
    He said that if two people were standing in the open air
    (I feel sure I heard this, I dont mind if I am contradicted), that even if one had the virus, it would be very unlikely that the other would catch it.
    Can anyone verify that this was said.
    If it was ,is it likely to be true?

Regards

Stick to the 2m but risk is believed to be a lot lower outside.

It definitely includes outside.

If you've any doubts, remember that even those in queues outside shops were supposed to stay at least 2 meters apart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement