Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connacht vs Munster, Sat 9th Jan 7:35pm, Eir/TG4

167891012»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

almostover wrote: »
    The two form 2nd rows in Ireland at the moment are probably more suited to no.6 given the size of international 2nd rows these days. I would love to see Ireland play the 6 nations with Beirne and Dillane starting and try to play are more expansive high tempo game. Both of these guys have great hands and are very mobile ball carriers. We don't have the heavy meat in the front 5 that other teams do for example and we should adapt our gameplan accordingly.

To add to that, Maro Itoje was once often used as a 6 at international level. He's now recognised as probably the top 2nd row in the Northern hemisphere. Beirne and Dillane are both similar in physique if not at the same level of destruction as Itoje is.

It’s certainly worth the try. The only problem with two light second rows is you remove the platform for moving forward up the pitch and will probably result in going from side to side across the park. You have to have a very good back line and wide plays to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster were the dominant team for close on the 80 minutes but were very lucky to walk away with a win, had Connacht scored their first kick at goal then a five pointer would have been enough for them at the end and I think their mindset might have been different off that scrum. In say that they should really have scored a try form it anyway and hope the conversion would be kicked.

Overall I'm happy enough with our game though again too many penalties, I thought Murray was close to MotM as was DDA who has been brilliant for us.

Not Frank's best game but he wasn't the deciding factor for either team, just hope we don't get him when we play Leinster.

Advertisement