Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Pcgamer

Bloodshot eyes, no energy for two weeks, sleeping for 14 hours,legs were like jelly, few aches and pains, was well enough to continue working from home, one day my breathing wasn't quite right but was nothing to worry about.

After two weeks I'm back to normal. I've had flus which were 10 times worse. Fatigue was the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

My brother tested positive.
    He keeps ringing me saying he is dying.
    I had the flu about 10 years ago.
    I couldnt even pick up a phone to ring anyone, never mind type :). I remember looking at the remote control for an hour before I actually got the enrgy to pick it up. It was 3 feet away from me :)

Im not convinced hes dying if he has the enrgy to call me about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A neighbour a few doors down passed away from Covid yesterday, massive stroke brought on by Covid it seems, he was only in his late 50's I think, tragic, leaves a wife and kids behind. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Morbid !!!

Joe Duffy would love it in here !

Don't give Tubridy any ideas or he'll wheel a load of sick people onto his light entertainment show ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

I tested positive on the 5th of January, I'm 28 and have no underlying conditions.

Most of my symptoms have gone, my sense of smell (therefore most of my sense of taste) has yet to return.

My sense of smell and taste have so disappeared that I've found it difficult to describe to other people the extent to which they're gone. I cannot taste bananas, tea, whiskey, cigarettes, smelly candles, gone-off milk, my (usually disgustingly smelly) bin.

I've had a fairly easy-going run of covid. My fever lasted only a day or two at most. In fact, I'd almost recommend to my friends & family that they should not worry about this virus (if they are not old and/or they don't have an underlying condition or are of unsound immune-system). However, I cannot understate how terrible it is to truly and fully be relieved of the sense of smell and taste, please for your sake do not willfully catch this virus.

I'm very optimistic that my senses will return (crossing my fingers, still!) but I can, wholeheartedly, recommend against doing so due to the well-known 80%(odd) symptom of COVID-19 being the loss of these senses.

It way only be a few weeks (if lucky) absence of these senses, but I seriously recommend against their absence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I tested positive on the 5th of January, I'm 28 and have no underlying conditions.

Most of my symptoms have gone, my sense of smell (therefore most of my sense of taste) has yet to return.

My sense of smell and taste have so disappeared that I've found it difficult to describe to other people the extent to which they're gone. I cannot taste bananas, tea, whiskey, cigarettes, smelly candles, gone-off milk, my (usually disgustingly smelly) bin.

I've had a fairly easy-going run of covid. My fever lasted only a day or two at most. In fact, I'd almost recommend to my friends & family that they should not worry about this virus (if they are not old and/or they don't have an underlying condition or are of unsound immune-system). However, I cannot understate how terrible it is to truly and fully be relieved of the sense of smell and taste, please for your sake do not willfully catch this virus.

I'm very optimistic that my senses will return (crossing my fingers, still!) but I can, wholeheartedly, recommend against doing so due to the well-known 80%(odd) symptom of COVID-19 being the loss of these senses.

It way only be a few weeks (if lucky) absence of these senses, but I seriously recommend against their absence.

I was tested on the 4th and am pleased to say I can smell and taste certain things again, so it's definitely on it's way back. Hopefully, yours will too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭This is it

Tested positive back in October. It was from a known contact so I've an idea of timelines. About 3 days after contact I felt similar to that of a cold, a bit under the weather but otherwise fine. That lasted for about 48 hours and then I felt back to normal. Unfortunately a few days later it hit again. It wasn't anything serious and I wasn't worried but I was completely drained. No pain or any other issues but I remember putting the kettle on to boil and I couldn't stand long enough to wait for it, I was really weak and had to sit or risk collapsing.

That passed after about 5-7 days, most of which I was confined to bed. Since then I've had no issues I'm aware of, I'd say I'm completely back to normal.

I contracted it from a Grandparent who was admitted to A&E by ambulance after becoming too weak to even go for a test but thankfully she's also back to her normal self.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

This is it wrote: »
    Tested positive back in October. It was from a known contact so I've an idea of timelines. About 3 days after contact I felt similar to that of a cold, a bit under the weather but otherwise fine. That lasted for about 48 hours and then I was fine. Unfortunately a few days later it hit again. It wasn't anything serious and I wasn't worried but I was completely drained. No pain or any other issues but I remember putting the kettle on to boil the kettle and I couldn't stand long enough to wait for it, I was really weak and had to sit or risk collapsing.

That passed after about 5-7 days, most of which I was confined to bed. Since then I've had no issues I'm aware of, I'd say I'm completely back to normal.

I contracted it from a Grandparent who was admitted to A&E by ambulance after becoming too weak to even go for a test but thankfully she's also back to her normal self.

I just thanked your post because it gives people hope. I didn't thank it because someone thinks I enjoy people getting this virus as it was made out yesterday by another poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Tested positive today. A small few body aches and strange muscle piercing pain along with a sore back and sore eyes were my initial symptoms that prompted test. Still have sore eyes but nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Myself , my husband and son are all positive along with my adult daughters boyfriend and his whole family. Somehow my daughter is negative. Myself and dh both feel like we have been hit by a bus, no energy burning in chest and short of breath. Cough sore throat and headache comes and goes. Teenage son feels fine despite his temperature not falling below 39 at any point since friday even with medication. I have been very ill before , was hospitalized for 3 weeks after a spider bite years ago and can honestly say this is worse- being so sob just going to the toilet that you have to stop halfway to the en suite is scary. Have just woke from a sleep again, trying to answer texts while I can and will be asleep again shortly. It's like nothing I have ever experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

deise18 wrote: »
    Myself , my husband and son are all positive along with my adult daughters boyfriend and his whole family. Somehow my daughter is negative. Myself and dh both feel like we have been hit by a bus, no energy burning in chest and short of breath. Cough sore throat and headache comes and goes. Teenage son feels fine despite his temperature not falling below 39 at any point since friday even with medication. I have been very ill before , was hospitalized for 3 weeks after a spider bite years ago and can honestly say this is worse- being so sob just going to the toilet that you have to stop halfway to the en suite is scary. Have just woke from a sleep again, trying to answer texts while I can and will be asleep again shortly. It's like nothing I have ever experienced.

Sounds awful. Hope you are feeling better soon. Its really helpful that people are sharing their symptoms. Looks like headaches and bad pains in back are becoming 2 of the common symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Just to update our situation. We have 5 all tested positive in our house. Symptoms have ranged from runny noses, slight headaches, chills, very mild aches and pains and skin sore to touch. We reckon we are all on Day 8-11..But can't stress how mild these symptoms have been..the kids particularly..you would never know they were even sick apart from the runny noses. We've had no loss of energy, no loss of appetite or anything like that. We are lucky i guess.

Sounds awful. Hope you are feeling better soon. Its really helpful that people are sharing their symptoms. Looks like headaches and bad pains in back are becoming 2 of the common symptoms

Headaches were a constant for me, nothing major but always there throughout. I had slight aches but I put that down to being in bed for days on end rather than the virus itself.

Just to update our situation. We have 5 all tested positive in our house. Symptoms have ranged from runny noses, slight headaches, chills, very mild aches and pains and skin sore to touch. We reckon we are all on Day 8-11..But can't stress how mild these symptoms have been..the kids particularly..you would never know they were even sick apart from the runny noses. We've had no loss of energy, no loss of appetite or anything like that. We are lucky i guess.

There you are folks, you heard it from The Horses Mouth.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

This is it wrote: »
    There you are folks, you heard it from The Horses Mouth.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

If I had a euro for everytime I've read that comment on boards.......

I'd have about €6:pac:

Morbid !!!

Joe Duffy would love it in here !

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

My husband and young daughter had it. Myself and our baby son never got it
    Daughter completely asymptotic and husband had a rash and upset stomach . Now since three months on , he’s beginning to feel like rubbish...with aura migraines and extreme fatigue .
    I’m not sure why I haven’t gotten it , the only thing is I was very ill with the flu and a desperate sinus infection in December 2019.... wondering if i had it back then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

It might well have been the early pages of this very thread I saw it in (I can't remember), but worth a re-post

Some here will find this excellent video useful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

When people are saying they or their partners/kids/etc. "didn't have it", is that after a test or that they just didn't show any symptoms at all?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    When people are saying they or their partners/kids/etc. "didn't have it", is that after a test or that they just didn't show any symptoms at all?

I live with two others and neither got it from me. A family of 5 I know, 4 had it and one didn't. All would've been in close contact and living in the same house. Just luck I would think. In all of the above cases the person who didn't have it took two tests with both negative

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

For us we were all tested . Two positive , two negative

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

A friend of mine got covid 19 in March. She lost her sense of smell and taste and hasn't gotten it back.

Very worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Partner had test same day as me. I'm positive and he tested negative

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

ebayissues wrote: »
    A friend of mine got covid 19 in March. She lost her sense of smell and taste and hasn't gotten it back.

Very worrying.

My mother got that years ago. She had a bad sinus infection and took a flight. She reckons the air pressure from the flight was a factor. Amnosia she kept calling it!

Anyway, long story short, it took a few years for it to come back but it did eventually so fingers crossed it's the same for your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it 7 days or 14 days quarantine when positive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it 7 days or 14 days quarantine when positive?

10 days from test date if you show no symptoms.

If you show symptoms 5 days after fever breaks.

Whichever is the longest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

audman13 wrote: »
    Partner had test same day as me. I'm positive and he tested negative

Could that not be that partner was asymptomatic and gave it to you?
    S/he was infected, no symptoms, passed on virus, you start developing symptoms 5/6 days later as would be expected, you test positive, partner no longer positive, tests negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

deise18 wrote: »

Hope all are oK. I think I remember you posting that you tested positive for Covid previously?

Are the symptoms worse now than previous?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its now two weeks since I was able to leave the house. Going stir crazy.
    I was fairly sick last week and made some improvement on friday last. But since then I have remained the same. Still really tired and have cough and runny nose etc. I find it really hard to concentrate but am back at work 50% of the time.
    I will try and get more exercise over the next few days and see if that helps me start improving again.

• Advertisement

Its now two weeks since I was able to leave the house. Going stir crazy.
    I was fairly sick last week and made some improvement on friday last. But since then I have remained the same. Still really tired and have cough and runny nose etc. I find it really hard to concentrate but am back at work 50% of the time.
    I will try and get more exercise over the next few days and see if that helps me start improving again.

Advice on covid about returning to exercise is to take it very slowly for various reasons. You might want to Google it a bit.

Advertisement