Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

classics on the tube

• 07-01-2021 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

Just thought it would be handy to have somewhere to share interesting vids or links to channels involving classic cars

I'll start it with this channel - seems fairly new, deals with young timers mostly it seems

Classics World

I also watch this chap - he has some Jags so I do watch

Living with a classic

And of course Soup Classics - just for the dedication it must take to make his videos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

no one else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭ Bus Boy

Harry's Garage?

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Harry's Garage?

yes, brilliant. been a fan for years, my wife crys with laughter when she sees Harry weighing a car or looking at the quality of the welding under the bonnet.
    Its proper anorak stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ Testacalda

With no particular order of preference, I following the following on youtube:

Hubnut: messing with cars in Wales, into the small, unusual and dreadful cars, does good reviews of classic cars

This Week with Cars: American guy that fixes Austin Healys, other british cars, A series engines. Knowledgeable and humble guy.

Jonathan W: From North Carolina, he's a tow truck driver by trade, but a talented mechanic / engineer. Buys and sells lots of old cars and revives a lot of cars from the dead. He's working on an old dragline currently. No nonsense down to earth guy

Hagerty: Mainly for Barn find Hunters with Tom Cotter, most of their other content and presenters are a bit too 'American' for me

The Late Brake show: with Jonny Smith. Some of his videos are interesting to me, not really the electric stuff though. Very high quality productions

Harrys Garage and Harrys Farm: as mentioned above, great quality videos, not all to my taste but he is very interesting to listen to

Big Car: for the story and history videos of the different models he has done

ROVR: for the period dealer training videos, owner advice and advert videos from long ago

Paul Shinn: for all things Model A

Ruairidh MacVeigh: really interesting videos and history of cars, planes, trains, etc... very well narrated

Jay Leno's Garage: for detailed videos about his own cars and other interesting ones he features. Interesting man to listen to

Thames TV: for all the old car and motoring shows from days gone by.

Testacalda wrote: »
    With no particular order of preference, I following the following on youtube:

Hubnut: messing with cars in Wales, into the small, unusual and dreadful cars, does good reviews of classic cars

This Week with Cars: American guy that fixes Austin Healys, other british cars, A series engines. Knowledgeable and humble guy.

Jonathan W: From North Carolina, he's a tow truck driver by trade, but a talented mechanic / engineer. Buys and sells lots of old cars and revives a lot of cars from the dead. He's working on an old dragline currently. No nonsense down to earth guy

Hagerty: Mainly for Barn find Hunters with Tom Cotter, most of their other content and presenters are a bit too 'American' for me

The Late Brake show: with Jonny Smith. Some of his videos are interesting to me, not really the electric stuff though. Very high quality productions

Harrys Garage and Harrys Farm: as mentioned above, great quality videos, not all to my taste but he is very interesting to listen to

Big Car: for the story and history videos of the different models he has done

ROVR: for the period dealer training videos, owner advice and advert videos from long ago

Paul Shinn: for all things Model A

Ruairidh MacVeigh: really interesting videos and history of cars, planes, trains, etc... very well narrated

Jay Leno's Garage: for detailed videos about his own cars and other interesting ones he features. Interesting man to listen to

Thames TV: for all the old car and motoring shows from days gone by.

Its because of all of this that I gave up my subscription to MotorTrend today.
    We truly never had it so good for viewing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭ liam7831

Ratarossa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭ Dr Turk Turkelton

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ratarossa

Yeah I like watching his videos. Also Samcrac is a good watch as well.

Advertisement