Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CONSTRUCTION LOCKDOWN JAN 2021

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 toshiba01

The SI makes no specific reference to private homes. Is it a grey area I wonder?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Threads merged.

My understanding is that all residential works (house extensions, etc.) can recommence on April 12th. Have not seen anything to the contrary?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

toshiba01 wrote: »
    The SI makes no specific reference to private homes. Is it a grey area I wonder?

it makes loads of references to it...

new private homes and extensions are "residential development"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

toshiba01 wrote: »

Residential development.
    No grey area at all, your just misunderstanding the legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My builder has been back for the last 2 weeks as he decided the work can be described as emergency.
    It's a crazy situation when you consider what things are allowed and what aren't.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    My builder has been back for the last 2 weeks as he decided the work can be described as emergency.
    It's a crazy situation when you consider what things are allowed and what aren't.

What did your builder class as an emergency?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Gumbo wrote: »

Getting the next stage payment :)

Emergency roof and glazing work

Emergency roof and glazing work

But you mentioned he was “back”.
    If it were indeed an emergency or essential works then he would never have “left”.

Either way, I’m not the Covid police so I have no bug bear with people working at the moment. They can make their own decisions bits don’t let someone else lend you in trouble if they are not being truthful.

But you mentioned he was “back”.
    If it were indeed an emergency or essential works then he would never have “left”.

Either way, I’m not the Covid police so I have no bug bear with people working at the moment. They can make their own decisions bits don’t let someone else lend you in trouble if they are not being truthful.

The builder actually got covid himself in January. Really ****ed him up, lasted about 10 days till he tested negative but he was actually physically worse then, took a long time to fully recover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Best of luck to anyone getting back on track tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

No one I know was off from the buildings for any length of time, there's sites open around here since lockdown started with no bother, 1 site is right beside garda station and blocklayers building away with last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I know of two contractors personnaly that reported themselves on jobs to free up time to complete other jobs. Over the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know of two contractors personnaly that reported themselves on jobs to free up time to complete other jobs. Over the last 3 months.
    Brings a whole new meaning to honesty. :)

No one I know was off from the buildings for any length of time, there's sites open around here since lockdown started with no bother, 1 site is right beside garda station and blocklayers building away with last few weeks

Swings and round abouts.
    I personally know plenty that have been off their tools as the sites they were contracted into had been closed.

It’s also worth noting that some site were allowed to continue as per the requirements of SI4 of 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The builder actually got covid himself in January. Really ****ed him up, lasted about 10 days till he tested negative but he was actually physically worse then, took a long time to fully recover

He probably had man flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

buzzerxx wrote: »
    He probably had man flu.

Worse than any covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its gone very guite on the lifting of restrictions for the remainder of construction. Anybody hear anything??????

Glebee wrote: »
    Its gone very guite on the lifting of restrictions for the remainder of construction. Anybody hear anything??????

Still under consideration for the 4th May depending on cases and general spreading of the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Still under consideration for the 4th May depending on cases and general spreading of the virus.

You would think they would give the construction companies some form of notice if they are planning on lifting the restrictions next week. Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    You would think they would give the construction companies some form of notice if they are planning on lifting the restrictions next week. Shocking stuff.

The companies are not waiting for notice.
    I have 4 sites on with 4 main builders.

All on site this week for "essential remobilisation" works

Not shocking at all.
    The prepared companies are currently preparing. If all goes well they open. If numbers and spread rate stays high, they remain closed.

I’m not a government lover but damned if they do and damned if they don’t here according to you. If they open and cases rise, they get the blame. If they don’t open, they get the blame!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ive a feeling the intel breakout was a spanner in the works to them announcing anything early.

intel are notorious for rule following and procedure, and still had a 70 case outbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Not shocking at all.
    The prepared companies are currently preparing. If all goes well they open. If numbers and spread rate stays high, they remain closed.

I’m not a government lover but damned if they do and damned if they don’t here according to you. If they open and cases rise, they get the blame. If they don’t open, they get the blame!

My point is in trying to mobilise site teams at such short notice for large sites to kick back off again.

Anyway, 04th of May it is. Hopefully its the end of construction sites getting shut down. All sites I worked on through the lockdown period had great Covid testing measures in place.

My point is in trying to mobilise site teams at such short notice for large sites to kick back off again.

Anyway, 04th of May it is. Hopefully its the end of construction sites getting shut down. All sites I worked on through the lockdown period had great Covid testing measures in place.

That’s a company problem and not a government problem.
    Can’t keep blaming the government for everything.

Advertisement