Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DayZ & other Survive 'em ups

• 03-01-2021 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭

I saw DayZ is 25 on PSN, 22 in Argos and free on gamepass so wondering if many people are playing it these days? I'm looking for a zombie survival game but would prefer a solo experience. I think the best one I've packed is Survivor dlc for division 1.

I've read playing Day Z solo can be boring? I played H1Z1 and found it absolutely awful. Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

7 Days to Die is enjoyable. Have 120 hours solo played. Meant to be better with other players but I don't think I missed out much.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Subnautica! No playing with other people full stop. Think you already got this though. And it's not zombies. I've purchased a few survive type games over the years, but never really stuck with any of them. There just isn't enough progression for me, or it's too slow to progress and too grindy to survive. But at least Subnautica has an actual story to keep you pushing forward.

Dying Light if you haven't played already. Not a survive game, but still one of the best single player zombie games I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Subnautica! No playing with other people full stop. Think you already got this though. And it's not zombies. I've purchased a few survive type games over the years, but never really stuck with any of them. There just isn't enough progression for me, or it's too slow to progress and too grindy to survive. But at least Subnautica has an actual story to keep you pushing forward.

Dying Light if you haven't played already. Not a survive game, but still one of the best single player zombie games I've ever played.

Yeah, only took a quick dip (har har) in Subnautica and really liked what i saw. When i do go back, i might turn off hunger and thirst like you might have suggested? I'm a sucker for zombie/virus apocalypse stuff though. Might actually just reinstall Division 1 for Survivor. DayZ seems a bit full on from what i looked at today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dont get 7 Days on Console, it hasnt been updated in nearly 4 years due to licencing.

Its brilliant on PC and well worth a purchase. 100% better with other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

DayZ is very full on, I played it on PC for years when it was DayZ Mod, so moving to it on PS wasnt too bad. But as someone playing it for the first time, it is fairly tough. UI with a controller is horrendous IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Days Gone is amazing, free on ps now at the mo too

Days Gone is amazing alright, absolutely worth playing especially if you have psplus.

Vigor is only 15gb's so gonna give that a go first before deciding on DayZ. I see Day Z is on sale until 20th Jan anyway so have some time yet to decide.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

State of Decay and its sequel were supposed to be fairly decent too.

When i eventually get an xbox, I'm definitely gonna try state of decay, looks class!

Tried Vigor, looks and plays really good but it definitely seems like a lite survive em up. Still recommend trying it as it's free and just 15gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Andrew76 wrote: »
    State of Decay and its sequel were supposed to be fairly decent too.

Actually very good 2nd one is good in coop and SP but once you are done with the narrative, there really isnt anything else you can do.

2nd one is odd, 1st part is base building and 2nd part is a narrative focused one(harder) its like 2 games in one.

Good fun while they last tho.

• Advertisement

I got a £15 voucher for Amazon so ordered DayZ from there for 15. If i don't like it, cex will give me 13 cash so not too bad. Looking forward to giving it a lash. I watched a video today of 2 guys raiding an apartment block that was set up as a safe house with unreal gear, looked class. I have a feeling ill be doing well to even find a knife.

Advertisement