Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 - 1000 mile challenge - year 12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Passed a 1000miles yesterday during a very, very, very warm run. If it wasn't for the Laura Lynn challenge I reckon it would be around December same as last year before I would have reached the 1000miles, hope to pass 3000k for the year legs willing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Totally accidental, but just missed passing 1000 miles today by 0.08 of a mile.

I'm glad about that though as today all I had time for was 40 minutes on the treadmill at the gym whilst the kids was doing some other sports class. Means that I will now be able to clock up the 1000 during an actual "proper" run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Passed 1000 either last night or during todays run. Just over 2 months earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Passed 1000miles on a long run on 26 August. Most consistent year of running I've ever had. Won't hit 2000, but something to aim for in 2022. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Poncho1964

Pased a 1000 mid September. 1st time ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Forgot to update this till now. Managed the 1000 in the last week of August. On track for my second highest distance in a year to date. Putting me in a good place for next year :)

Post edited by Kander on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hit 1000 miles Saturday morning last during parkrun, 2-3 months later than previous years but after starting the year with a frustrating calf injury means the mileage will be lower than other years but hopefully in a better place end of this year than I was back in 2020 (injured the calf in November 2020).

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Hit 3,000 miles yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I made it to 1,000 miles this evening 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭longrunn

Well done! :)

Your post triggered me to go check my Strava. I'm now at 1047 miles this year -- passed the 1000 mark without realising it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,419 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

2,000 miles today, hit the number during post-parkrun cooldown. A couple of weeks later than last year, but not bad in a year with no marthon training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

1000 miles last night, usually do 1500 a year but this year went for the bit extra, busy november december trying to get it over the line before xmas

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Horrendous year for me between 3 - 4 months of injury, finishing college and then being sick for a couple of months...only just passed 1000 miles recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

Haven't posted here in a while but completed 1000 miles during the week. Delighted to get some consistency back after a year out injured. Since March 2020 I've been out regularly.

Have tried and failed to do this for the past 4 years so I'm very happy to finally complete it.

Using this block as a base to push on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Finished the year with 1,900.4 miles. Delighted.

Highest mileage ever.

Used P&D to train for the marathon. Training went great with 1700 miles completed to get me to the startline. Tore my quad during the race, at the start, so had to be rescued by the Kildare Civil Defense and brought back to the town, not ideal. Ran 13.5 miles in pain, wouldn't recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Left it late this year after a slow Jan/Feb recovering from an injury.

9 yrs of 3k+ miles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Bit of a drop this year for me, hamstring injury (caused by hiking & me stupidly ignoring it), recurrence of said injury & most recently a dose of CV-19 meant a total of ~1640 miles for the year. Onwards to 2022, I'm sure a few races will get some enthusiasm back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Just over 2800 miles for me this year which is a small improvement on last year. Still chasing BeepBeeps mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Finished the year on 1,985miles. Mildly disappointed/irritated not to hit 2000 but no excuse really except a bit of laziness in the past 2 weeks and a bit of caution around overdoing it with Covid in the house. Still an increase of about 100miles on last year, I'll take it 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

1,300 miles this year, mainly in the first 5 months. An occasional jog during the summer and zero since July. I have a few pairs of shiny super (for spring 2021) shoes gathering dust to my shame of not treating an injury sooner. Different now, I will be well pleased to hit 1,000 miles in 2022.

BeepBeep kudos to your resilience 👍 and ariana, bet your novice self would be shocked by that mileage, nicely done 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

That's brilliant going....you have 9 hours to run 15 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

5,217.7km or 3,242 miles for 2021. That'll do nicely. I doubt I will bank that amount next year, but never say never.

@ariana` I'd be highly impressed if you don't go out and run the 15 miles to hit 2,000. Most of us running clowns, of which I definitely include myself, would find it difficult to resist a sneaky last minute run (usually resulting in a niggly New Year).

Post edited by MrMacPhisto on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Finished on 1,369 miles for the year.

I'd be better at this if I didn't wander over to the dark side during the daylight months and spend most of my time in the sea or on two wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

1773 km (1100 miles) for my first year of proper running.

Advertisement