Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Memories of mad stuff that happened on live TV.

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Noel Edmonds gets a strange phone call on the Late Late Show

Remember Gaybo taking some mad phone calls on the Late Late down the years. I presume it's no longer done under the current sorry excuse of a show? Several years since I could bring myself to watch it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This guy would make a great actor.

Well this is sad.
    Reporters had a field day with the catch-and-release story. Supported by the police video, the yarn about an escaped con outsmarting a cop soon went viral.

Media coverage wasn’t just local, statewide or across North America … it went right around the planet. If there’s intelligent life on Mars, they know about it there too.

Carl Bordelon was slammed hard. According to his friends and colleagues, there’s little doubt the non-stop media barrage contributed to his fatal heart attack.

The fugitive
    Note: After being on the lam for a year and a half, Richard Lee McNair was captured in October 2006 by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police [RCMP] in Campbellton, New Brunswick.

McNair remains behind bars in ADX Florence, Colorado — ‘Alcatraz of the Rockies’ — one of the most secure prisons in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,896 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Last night's Late Late. Ryan Tubridy on the floor doing sit ups (well one sit up) with an equality BLM campaigning, basketball playing, TV presenting teacher in a mini dress and shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Pat Kenny on LLS doing an interview with a giant bee!
    It was a promo for that bee animated film starring Jerry Seinfeld. Someone in a big bee suit came out and Pat asked him questions which were answered by what was very obviously voice recordings made by Jerry Seinfeld.
    Pat the Plank made it so cringeworthy as is his speciality.
    Can't find it online I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I remember when Jackass was on the Late Late and it was either Johnny Knoxville or Party Boy that said to Kenny, 'your socks remind me of the colour of vomit.' :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pat Kenny on LLS doing an interview with a giant bee!
    It was a promo for that bee animated film starring Jerry Seinfeld. Someone in a big bee suit came out and Pat asked him questions which were answered by what was very obviously voice recordings made by Jerry Seinfeld.
    Pat the Plank made it so cringeworthy as is his speciality.
    Can't find it online I'm afraid.

Are you getting mixed up?

Pat misnamed Jerry at the start.

This is really weird, turn the sound up while watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

That’s when her stalker breached RTE replacing the cameraman. She was a good looking woman in fairness..

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I was going through puberty during the super bowl Janet Jackson incident. I remember I was so excited that I took out my penis and started flopping it up and down. I hadn't started masturbating at that stage though. I had it recorded on video tape and I spent a lot of time playing it in slow motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Possible TMI but I guess many teenage boys might have had a touch down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Anytime Oliver Reed was on tv, he was usually half drunk and would just be totally weird or random. He was on the late late show

This was in the 80s, I think Grace Jones was on a chat show , she slapped Russel hartley cos she thought he was being rude ignoring her to talk to another guest

I was weird on the late late show in the 80s.when there was discussions about sex contraception

When it was impossible to buy a condom in Ireland

Music awards brits presented by Sam fox mick Fleetwood as gen z says it was cringe

In the 80s priests actually made TV shows for rte it was not good

There's lots of shows where there's a comedian presenter who makes bad jokes and there's no laughs at all

I read about this Britney spears was 11 years old on starsearch she was asked by the 50 year old presenter if she would like to be his girlfriend. Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I never saw this clip but allegedly on one episode of the den on RTÉ the programme cut back to the studio camera to show zig and zag throwing around a bosco puppet while chanting “bosco is a b****x”. Did this actually happen?

Strongly suspect that's an urban myth. To be filed alongside that Ryanline "balls deep in Bibi Baskin" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

On the subject of priests making TV shows there, the Radharc documentaries were always excellent and serve as valuable archival material of the way we and the world were at a given time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Strange things would happen on big brother the first season on c4, like people taking off thier clothes, it was like the start of reality TV, no one knew what reality TV was, now people on love Island know exactly what to do to gain fans , 80s rte, priests going on tv to talk about marriage, sex,so called natural contraception, eg looking for advice from a priest on sex is like

Like asking a blind man to paint the mona Lisa, pointless a waste of time .

I'm not saying every TV program made by radharc was bad i did not watch them

I mean priests would appear on almost any program late late show, current affairs on rte at least in the 80s before the church's power reputation went downhill

There's very few TV shows now that would allow the public to call in live on a phone too risky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Leave it out - Mod

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Nope.

Mod 3edit

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Anything4883

Budd Dwyer committed suicide on Live TV in 1987.

Maybe put a warning on this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

Jesus,people will believe anything.

No that didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Something tells me that the poster isn't being 100% serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

As much as we give out I don't think another presenter could have handled that the way Gay did

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well he hardly filled in for him after he passed away..................although it was alleged that he might still have injected a bit more life into things than Pat had he done so

I'm off to sue an old woman for a field

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Some of the links on earlier posts aren't showing up so I'm not sure if anyone posted the insufferable arsehole guy on the Late Late.

Another gem was the Coventry City soccerette on Soccer AM. Around 2007 I think. It might be safer not to link to that one here!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had forgotten Linda was on the set for that.

What is it with her and the LLS?

Remember the "odious little man" incident?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

What was the odious little man?

It was Eurovision selection night a few years ago and some man in the audience started mouthing at Linda (think he had a connection to a contestant) and she walked up to his seat going toe to toe with him, finger wagging and she called him an "odious little man". 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

That reminds me of when SirusXM radio invited the wrong David Meltzer onto their show to talk about the WWE signing Ronda Rousey. They wanted Dave Meltzer, who is a wrestling and MMA journalist, but they called David Meltzer, who is "the Co-founder of Sports 1 Marketing and formerly served as CEO of the renowned Leigh Steinberg Sports & Entertainment agency, which was the inspiration for the movie Jerry Maguire."

David Meltzer quickly realised they invited the wrong guy, but since he is involved in the sports industry, he managed to spoof his way through the interview. The phone call was vlogged on his YouTube channel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement