Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Masked Singer (UK)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Panga

It was a great show. Had a laugh trying to guess the singers. Well done Joss. What am amazing singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just read all 13 pages of this thread and you called Neyo several weeks, ago, and Ashton Merrigold and you were one of the first to say Joss Stone about 2 weeks ago as well.
    Some going.

Thank you :). I went on their voices and didn’t really bother with the clues :) They have distinct voices :)

Wheres my prize :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

At least I'd heard of Joss Stone, although all I can remember of her is turning up to record a Band Aid single a few years ago and she didn't know who Bob Geldof was and thought the interviewer was asking her about Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Why were they guessing Leona Lewis when it was cleary sounded like Joss Stone and nothing like Leona's voice? Happy she won. Love Joss Stone and surpised they didn't guess her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Why were they guessing Leona Lewis when it was cleary sounded like Joss Stone and nothing like Leona's voice? Happy she won. Love Joss Stone and surpised they didn't guess her.

Rita Ora and Davina McCaul are painful - their guesses were ridiculous for the most part.

I'm amazed that Neyo was even able to do the show - does he live in the UK? Surely he wouldn't be travelling for something like this? Hardly "essential"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm amazed that Neyo was even able to do the show - does he live in the UK? Surely he wouldn't be travelling for something like this? Hardly "essential"

It was recorded in September, not a whole lot of restrictions on anything going on back then. Not sure how long a period is was recorded over, presumably a couple of episodes done a day. The dancers changed from being all masked up and only a couple on stage at a time in the early episodes, to by the end them not wearing any masks and getting in close proximity to each other so restrictions on TV recordings must have changed during the recording as well.

Anyone watching the new series tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I watched it and thought it was enjoyable. I might be miles off but I thought that firecracker could be Lulu. Would never have guessed Chandelier correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

I think lionfish could be russell brand....he mentioned the phrase under the skin..its a podcast he has..also said "roar" and swish swish..almost together.. Katy Perry songs..hes was married to her and when you google lionfish..there's a type called Russell's lionfish. But the voice just didn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And call me crazy but when lionfish walked out he just reminded me of Eddie Izzard's walk in heels 🙊

Just watching yesterday's episode on catch up, looks very odd with the crowd unmasked compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

doughnut is Michael Owen surely.

If it is, fair play to him.

Bagpipes = Andrew Castle maybe?

I Was surprised to see who Lionfish was, very good at covering up their voice.

Robo Bunny is Mark Feehily from Westlife, I’d know that voice anywhere 😄👍

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Robo Bunny is Mark Feehily from Westlife, I’d know that voice anywhere 😄👍

Gah! That's exactly who it is!!! Was driving me nuts!!

Surprised he left his voice so unmasked there! Though by the judges guesses, maybe his voice wouldn’t be recognised over in the UK as well.

Disguised his voice well last week.

Clocked Mark from Westlife just there too.

im guessing he doesn’t always take the lead in songs so they might not know it. Rita is going in the right direction, she’s got a great ear so she’s either toying, they haven’t showed her actual guess or she’s not dialled in.

• Advertisement

just finished a watch on catchup.

only clued into Lionfish on the sing off there, where the way they sang a certain line sparked in my brain. My wife was going mad, I must have rewound that part about a dozen times!

its not just masks, it’s masked voices (when singing), if only just realised that! D’oh.

no idea on Firework, leaning towards maybe being Beth Twiddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I think mushroom could be Laura Whitmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Panda: I’m thinking it sounds like Lulu

Poodle sounds like Gary Barlow

• Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kristin Chenoweth?

interestingly I said the same to the Mrs last night especially during the sing off. Don’t think it is but it definitely sounded alike but I think the singer, when professional could mimic. I think Rita has him nailed though.

i must say I really enjoy the show when the panel give proper guesses too. Davina nailed onto Bagpipes early.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

It really sounds like Michael Owen, but it seems too obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The panel would wreck your tits with the rubbish they come out with. It's all for tv, edited to the max.

David Beckham isn't going to be dressing up in a suit and singing for the craic ffs, stupid saying people like that as guesses.

• Advertisement

Oh, I would throw the house on it being him.

book of birds, spice boys, property development, golden boot, Stoke, wasn’t there horse too, fast when younger etc.

On Saturday night i reckon there’ll be clues to Madrid, United and punditry.

Advertisement