Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wellington's

Options
  • 20-12-2020 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

What's everyone opinion on the best ones?

I'm looking for comfort as will be wearing them most of the day.

Have Hunter classics, which are very comfortable but have split twice on me now leaking in water. Don't fancy a third pair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Go to the local farm co-op shop.
    l
    Whatever is selling there is good for all day wear.

I find Dunlop Prestige ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Hoggs field sport with vibram soles are excellent value boots. Very good for hunting across all ground or standing in water waiting for ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Max H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Hoggs field sport with vibram soles are excellent value boots. Very good for hunting across all ground or standing in water waiting for ducks.

Have to agree. I have them and love them.

They are tight fitting and supportive around the ankles and the vibram sole has great grip. I've a bit of pronation that causes achilles soreness but with hard orthotics from Boots fitted I've walked up to 10K along riverbanks fishing with no problem.

They have a vibram and a cotton lined option, both use the same rubber shell so the cotton lined one can be a bit large fitting. It's worth trying them on.

I got mine in McCarthys of Prosperous.
    https://www.huntingandfishing.ie/?s=rubber+boots&post_type=product

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kjl412

If it’s comfort you’re looking for I don’t know if you can beat the Dunlop Purofort. Just an overall quality pair of wellies. Definitely recommend them to anyone, some other good pairs recommend here as well so maybe go somewhere to try a few pairs and see what you like best.

• Advertisement
Advertisement