Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mayo doing well and Dublin have been atrocious but they're still 2 points ahead. That black card could be important as it may hamper Dublin's usual 10-15 minute blitz that buries every team. Still, unless Dublin get a red, I can't see Mayo having the legs or the bench to keep this up for 70 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭dobman88

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Not one tick issued for persistent cynical fouling, the a black?

In fairness Ariel, it was as blatant a black as you'll ever see and right in front of the ref. He couldnt let it go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FinglasFollain

Dublin absolutely dreadful. Surprised if they could be this bad again, even with 14.

How Cillian O’Connor constantly gets away with the little slaps and closed fists is beyond me. Master of leaving nasty hits and punches on people. Wouldn’t be disappointed never seeing him win a final tbh.

O’Donoghue has had a stormer. Defending almost too tight on him.

Better game than expected. I feel the Dubs haven't really got going yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭luckyboy

Mayo have done really well. They’ve had much the better of the play. Unlucky to be behind really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Dublin starting a fight at HT :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Drumpot wrote: »
    What was it? I didn’t see it and they didn’t show a replay.
    Released the ball and then blocked the Mayo player coming in to challenge. Textbook black card offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was not a bad first half. The 2nd half could be interesting. Mayo need to use the advantage the have a pull away in the first 10 minutes. Get as many points and goals as they can. Take every opportunity they can.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Scenes in the tunnel there. Great to see a bit of fire in teams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dobman88 wrote: »
    In fairness Ariel, it was as blatant a black as you'll ever see and right in front of the ref. He couldnt let it go

Where is he meant to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭gifted

And the dubs start the dirty tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Mayo lads throwing digs in the tunnel, classy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Philly acting the pup in the tunnel for no reason at all.

Probably Goldrick's fault now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Any time Philly McMahon gets a slap is a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Philly acting the pup in the tunnel for no reason at all.

Probably Goldrick's fault now

Mayo lad attacks Philly and it’s his fault, your bias is complete.

Throwing a few slaps is great when it’s Mayo :rolleyes:

Good old RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Some lazy punditry gong on
    People raving about dublin after beating a couple of divisions 3 teams
    Now its like magic suddenly when they play an established division 1 team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

McGoldrick has been like a 16th man

Two man advantage at start of 2nd half gives Mayo a great chance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Mayo doing well and Dublin have been atrocious but they're still 2 points ahead. That black card could be important as it may hamper Dublin's usual 10-15 minute blitz that buries every team. Still, unless Dublin get a red, I can't see Mayo having the legs or the bench to keep this up for 70 minutes.

Atrocious ? They have scored 2 goals with fastest goal ever in an AI.

There has been noting but cynical play by Mayo. Backs to the ball not watching the game facing their marker. Pulling back the runners. Players being taken out off the ball.

Didn't see the replay of what the black card was so will reserve my judgement. Been a lot of soft frees to try and equalise the quality of both teams.

See the Mayo back line team attacked McMahon down tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Harsh half time scoreline on Mayo. Mayo as they always do being the fight against Dublin in All-Ireland. Makes for a very interesting 2nd half. Still have my doubts on Dessie Farrell if this game remains a tight encounter

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dublin starting a fight at HT :rolleyes:

Unbelievable the way he attacked your man's hand with his throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Dublin absolutely dreadful. Surprised if they could be this bad again, even with 14.

How Cillian O’Connor constantly gets away with the little slaps and closed fists is beyond me. Master of leaving nasty hits and punches on people. Wouldn’t be disappointed never seeing him win a final tbh.

he knows you have to be a bit cynical to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Mayo are a thorn in dublins side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,948 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Knew you'd be in quick with the nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Mayo lad attacks Philly and it’s his fault, your bias is complete.

It's difficult for anyone to ever consider Philly innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Mayo doing all the huffing and puffing, Dublin playing within themselves but can up a gear or two if they need to

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dublin below par, Mayo playing their best game. Dublin still leading and they'll pull away in the last 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

That first goal was the fastest in a final, beating Gary McMahon's 1962 record of 34 seconds for Kerry v. Roscommon.

Listowelman Gary was a solicitor in Abbeyfeale, son of playwright Brian McMahon, brother of Judge Brian McMahon. He regularly attended All-Ireland finals and at 35 seconds would turn to his companion and say " my record still stands." He died in recent years.

As a young fellow he was working in Tipperary and playing some football there. He wrote to the Tipp county board asking to be considered for the Tipp team. Wondering who "this upstart" was, the Tipp County board contemptuously ignored his letter. A short time later when his form made it obvious that he was heading for a career with Kerry they wrote to him recanting, telling him that they thought he was one of the McMahons from
    ( I am more conscious of the Defamation Act than Tipp County Board was.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

STB. wrote: »
    Atrocious ? They have scored 2 goals with fastest goal ever in an AI.

There has been noting but cynical play by Mayo. Backs to the ball not watching the game facing their marker. Pulling back the runners. Players being taken out off the ball.

Didn't see the replay of what the black card was so will reserve my judgement. Been a lot of soft frees to try and equalise the quality of both teams.

See the Mayo back line team attacked McMahon down tunnel

Cynical by mayo, clever by anyone else

Advertisement