Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 14 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

If you were buying a Leeds defender who would you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Klonker wrote: »

Dallas or Allioski, Ayling is playing CB now so would stay away from him. Just don't expect many clean sheets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Might do KDB to Son - madness?

Think City have tough fixtures coming up - Saints and Everton, plus not being in form.

Also need to look at Lamptey to a west ham defender I think, but will hold off till next week.

Wouldn’t transfer KDB out all season unless injured. Remains the best player in the league and is carrying city who I agree are playing poorly. However if Gundogan and Sterling could finish from a yard out he has two assists v WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Klonker wrote: »

I purchased myself an Alioski last week and very happy with it.

He gets very very far forward, his underlying stats are superb and he has a history in his career of getting goals and assists. He wears number 10 too, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was more so a winger who got converted to an attacking full back. And he's only 4.4

My one word of caution with him is that he seems to get through a lot of work. He's up and down all game. With the double game week I think there could be a small chance he gets rested one of the games (if you have your eye on that).

He will definitely get goals and assists this season though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Planning for FH GW18 and team for GW19

Needed to replace Ryan so have gone for Mendy (Chelsea) who has a double.

To find this my fall guys were either Richarlison or Mahrez. Still unsure on midfield so have gone for Che Adams who also has double.

Leaves me with 1m ITB so next options will be either Mahrez upgrade / downgrade (looking at Greenwood/Maddison) and then Cancelo or Telles to Trent Alex for another hit or the following week

Be looking at a team then of

Mendy (fodder)

TAA CHilwell Coufal (Cancelo, Fodder)

Salah Bruno KdB Mad/Gre (fodder)

Adams Bamford Watkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Sideways transfer of Riedwald to Burke done.

I just couldnt do anything else, had to use up a transfer as i already have 2 FT.

Martinez

Coufal Chillwell KWP Dallas Mitchell

Son Salah KDB Grealish Burke

Kane Wilson DCL

Highly like getting rid of Wilson to Bamford after NUFC Fulham game. Or Grealish to Neto and Wilson to Ings (who co incidentally faces Fulham after this weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mitchell to Alioski done to save a FT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sideways transfer of Riedwald to Burke done.

I just couldnt do anything else, had to use up a transfer as i already have 2 FT.

Martinez

Coufal Chillwell KWP Dallas Mitchell

Son Salah KDB Grealish Burke

Kane Wilson DCL

Highly like getting rid of Wilson to Bamford after NUFC Fulham game. Or Grealish to Neto and Wilson to Ings (who co incidentally faces Fulham after this weekend)

Not consider Curtis Jones or planning on other Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm thinking of kdb to bruno. Do we think kdb will play newcastle at home which is 2 days before everton away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Not consider Curtis Jones or planning on other Liverpool?

I am highly likely going to have 6 - 8 players for blank GW, Burke plays NUFC that week so hence went with him. He is also 0.1m cheaper, I now have 0.2m in the bank :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'm thinking of kdb to bruno. Do we think kdb will play newcastle at home which is 2 days before everton away.

When Kdb doesn't play city don't tick, and i don't think Pep/city are really in positions to drop any more points, therefore i expect him to play both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No idea who to bring in and I’ve 2 FTs. It’s torture supporting United and not having Bruno so might just bite the bullet and bring him in for Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Planning for FH GW18 and team for GW19

Needed to replace Ryan so have gone for Mendy (Chelsea) who has a double.

To find this my fall guys were either Richarlison or Mahrez. Still unsure on midfield so have gone for Che Adams who also has double.

Leaves me with 1m ITB so next options will be either Mahrez upgrade / downgrade (looking at Greenwood/Maddison) and then Cancelo or Telles to Trent Alex for another hit or the following week

Be looking at a team then of

Mendy (fodder)

TAA CHilwell Coufal (Cancelo, Fodder)

Salah Bruno KdB Mad/Gre (fodder)

Adams Bamford Watkins

I have the same issue and looked at Mendy.

Decided for McCarthy and Johnstone instead. Johnstone this week.
    Means you get two for the double and a nice rotation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Mahrez Wilson out wellbeck rashford in

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Would appreciate some help please, I have 2.3m in the bank and a FT and not sure what to so!

Current team is:

Patricio

Chillwell Walker-Peters Lamptey

Fernandes Grealish Zaha Son

Kane DCL Bamford

Subs; Forster Soucek, Mitchell, Bernardo (DF),

I think some of my players are bargains and have risen in value since I got them. I want to invest my capital somewhere, but not sure where?

So far I’ve considered Robertson, Richarlison, and Salah but really struggling to decide, would appreciate any suggestions.

Taking -4s non stop this season.

Telles & Vardy out
    Trent & Martial in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Boring Bank.

Only players I want to sell are fodder who don't play (Steer, Struijik) and Burke that seldom plays.
    can't afford anyone in place that plays
    for:
    4.0, 3.9 or 4.3

Next GW with 2FTs
    will sell a premium defender to raise funds to sort out one of the those cheapie issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shmeee

paddyg91 wrote: »
    Taking -4s non stop this season.

Telles & Vardy out
    Trent & Martial in

Same, and was always against em.

-4 and exact funds ITB.

Fooder gonzo as I need playing subs on my bench.

Mitchell & Kilman out
    Taylor & Targett in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

shmeee wrote: »

-4 and exact funds ITB.

Mitchell & Kilman out
    Taylor & Targett in

2 Solid transfers and you shouldn't have to worry about either losing their place. You'll probably have them all the way to GW38

The most boring minus 4 ever

Taylor, Soucek, Johnstone for Mitchell, Jota, Ryan

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »

-4 and exact funds ITB.

Mitchell & Kilman out
    Taylor & Targett in

Its a weird season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

shineon23 wrote: »
    Boring Bank.

Only players I want to sell are fodder who don't play (Steer, Struijik) and Burke that seldom plays.
    can't afford anyone in place that plays
    for:
    4.0, 3.9 or 4.3

Next GW with 2FTs
    will sell a premium defender to raise funds to sort out one of the those cheapie issues.

I’m in a similar position, only players I want to shift are Mitchell, Steer and Burke but I only have 0.2 in bank.

I have 2 FTs though so could end up just burning 1 (for the very first time in 10 seasons I think)

thunderdog wrote: »
    I’m in a similar position, only players I want to shift are Mitchell, Steer and Burke but I only have 0.2 in bank.

I have 2 FTs though so could end up just burning 1 (for the very first time in 10 seasons I think)

Burke to Anguissa? Or Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thinking of either Sterling -> Rashford or else Cancelo -> Taylor.

Double defence City is way too risky and Cancelo will probably get rotated out this week after starting the last 3 league games and don't have much faith in City keeping a clean sheet. The Newcastle fixture after that is quite appealing but again after that the fixtures turn a bit in terms of CS.

Would like to have some Man Utd attacking coverage with none currently and Rashford looked very dangerous last night so I think I'd rather go to him rather than Bruno atm. And while the Leeds & Villa games look appealling, the Wolves & Leicester games don't scream goals. There's also the lack of goals at OT to contend with.

Burnley have some nice fixtures coming up in terms of CS, 3 of the next 4 really. Coming off the back of 2 in a row.

I'm currently leaning towards Cancelo -> Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Another boring transfer (was going to lose it and this has an eye to the DGW)
    Lamptey - Coufal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Another boring transfer (was going to lose it and this has an eye to the DGW)
    Lamptey - Coufal

Is there another transfer you could do for the DGW? And hold Lamptey for one more GW.

Coufal probably won't keep a CS away to Chelsea. I'd fancy Lamptey to get points against SHU who struggle for goals. Only scored 7 in 13 games.

I have both and will start Lamptey this week and bench Coufal.

Bollox. Kane due to rise in price, and Vardy to drop, both tonight. I really want Kane and Bruno, but in order to do this I need a 3.9m defender. Those price changes will price me out of it. I can't bring in 3.8m Douglas either as I have 3 Leeds already.

Is a -4 worth it? Kane, Bruno, 3.9m in for Vardy, Mahrez, Lewis? I'd want them for the next 4 games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

Worried about not having Son any longer so had to offload KDB and Bowen to bring Son and Neto in which gives a midfield of Son Neto Salah Bruno & Grealish.

Could backfire but fancy him to get something at home to Leicester.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bollox. Kane due to rise in price, and Vardy to drop, both tonight. I really want Kane and Bruno, but in order to do this I need a 3.9m defender. Those price changes will price me out of it. I can't bring in 3.8m Douglas either as I have 3 Leeds already.

Is a -4 worth it? Kane, Bruno, 3.9m in for Vardy, Mahrez, Lewis? I'd want them for the next 4 games anyway.

Oh, wait. According to fantasyfootballfix, I bought Vardy at 10m and he's currently at 10.3m. So I don't believe the drop will affect me.

Mahrez > Bruno then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

thunderdog wrote: »

you've more options than me so?

Burke to a 4.4 or 4.5 starter.

can you get up to 4.3 or 4.4 from Mitchell

Taylor and Alioski 4.4
    Lewis 4.3

Advertisement