Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supervalu €5 off signature tastes products

• 15-12-2020 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Just received an email from supervalu with a code for €5 off any signature tastes product(s).
    Got this last year and used it multiple times before it expired.
    Wonder if it's the same this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Just got the same email, handy out, that Belgian chocolate log looks the bomb.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Hi do u have to spend a min amount on those products to get the €5 off of if u bought a few products that came to €7 would u get €5 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

ballybro wrote: »
    Hi do u have to spend a min amount on those products to get the €5 off of if u bought a few products that came to €7 would u get €5 off.

Minimum spend is €5

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ballybro wrote: »

Minimum spend is 5e on Signature range.
    If you spend 7e it would cost you 2e.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is this for online sales only or can you avail instore somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is this for online sales only or can you avail instore somehow

In store only.. Not available online.. Not sure if the code is generic or not.. Was last year afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Did everyone get this? I’ve not received it. If anyone not using it I’d love to use it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Just got the same email, handy out, that Belgian chocolate log looks the bomb.

That Belgian chocolate log is lovely, really ‘chocolaty’. Try with whipped cream or ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Did everyone get this? I’ve not received it. If anyone not using it I’d love to use it.

Thanks

Have a look in the coupons section of the app

• Registered Users Posts: 10,653 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Dave..M wrote: »
    Nice one, it's there for me :)
    (but didn't get an email)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dave..M wrote: »

Basically spend a fiver on specially selected items and get them free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

Got the email, how.do you use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Henryq. wrote: »
    Got the email, how.do you use it?

Give the cashier the code on checkout they type it in, job done. If you have the app scan it, it’s in the coupon section. Anyone know can be be used more than once.

Edit: I today used the coupon on the app and it disappeared so just one use.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,724 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I got the email, and also there's a coupon in the app. Different code on each.

amber2 wrote: »
    Give the cashier the code on checkout they type it in, job done. If you have the app scan it, it’s in the coupon section. Anyone know can be be used more than once.

Edit: I today used the coupon on the app and it disappeared so just one use.

Thanks and when you say scan it?

How would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

loyatemu wrote: »
    I got the email, and also there's a coupon in the app. Different code on each.

Same here.. Last year the code in the email could be used multiple times..

Thanks and when you say scan it?

How would that work?

Open the real rewards app, click on vouchers then click on the coupons heading as opposed to vouchers then Click on generate code this Brings up a bar code and u Simply scan That while u are at the Check out, don’t go to the Self service as it didn’t work for me but worked at the manned checkouts

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I'm nearly sure the generic code is the same from last year as well. I must of got about €40 worth of ST products for nothing. Bought over several transactions of roughly a fiver each, all at the same time. I was at the self service till for roughly around 20 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm nearly sure the generic code is the same from last year as well. I must of got about €40 worth of ST products for nothing. Bought over several transactions of roughly a fiver each, all at the same time. I was at the self service till for roughly around 20 mins :D

So you just screen grab the code and scan it every transaction?

Free food:)

The code in the real rewards account is different to the code they emailed me?

Can 1 of them be reused?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

So whats good in the Signature range?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So whats good in the Signature range?

Go into the supervalue app, type in signature and everything shows up from Steaks, beef, ham
    Sliced ham, eggs, Belgian Chocolate Yule log, chocolate biscuit cake, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, yoghurts, cheese, eggs, fresh raspberries blueberries .... there’s a whole heap to choose from.

Also pigs n blankets mix n match with bruschetta 2 packs for €7.

I got Belgian Yule log €8 originally €3 with the code.

The code in the real rewards account is different to the code they emailed me?

Can 1 of them be reused?

Would like to know this myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

The code in the app can't be reused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Can this be used in the self checkout lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Can this be used in the self checkout lane?

Yes, you can key in the code

millie35 wrote: »
    The code in the app can't be reused.

Can the email code be reused then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I got 2 boxes of mince pies for € 1

they also have an iced Christmas cake half price at € 12 which becomes € 7 with the code

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Minimum spend is 5e on Signature range.
    If you spend 7e it would cost you 2e.

Same cake was less than 5€ last year and was nicer last year, they added the chocolate flakes and gold spray this year where as last year it was dusted in icing sugar and not "Signature Range"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Code doesn't appear to be generic, we've 2 separate cards and both were different numbers, also only worked as single use

Advertisement