Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veganuary 2021

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

klopparama wrote: »
    It can’t leave that much if Ireland are annually importing between 30,000 and 45,000 tonnes of beef.

So they are importing nearly as much as they keep from their own production.

So if eating beef in Ireland you’re as likely to be eating imported beef as you are to be eating Irish produced beef.

They are all pretty simple sums too.

That is a question for the supermarkets or restaurants not the farmers. The product is there if they choose to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

klopparama wrote: »
    It can’t leave that much if Ireland are annually importing between 30,000 and 45,000 tonnes of beef.

So they are importing nearly as much as they keep from their own production.

So if eating beef in Ireland you’re as likely to be eating imported beef as you are to be eating Irish produced beef.

They are all pretty simple sums too.

Yes, both very simple but one dose not take from the other. Also there are very simple explanations that you are overlooking including reimporting of processed products from plants NI and the UK.

I'm not entirely sure of the relevance to this thread though, if you want to discuss it further may I suggest a new thread where I'd be happy to discuss in detail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭HansKroenke

DiFontaine's are doing 25% off orders over 25euro today, collection or delivery. That's the super large pizza for 22.50euro! Love their vegan ricotta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Lidl vegan brought out a load of vegan stuff in Jan..that Vemondo frozen pizza was surprisingly proper good for 2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Has anyone found the Applewood cheese anywhere in stock since?? I'm really missing it from my local tesco... had gotten into the habit of a weekly toastie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I was looking for it in supervalu the other day and none there, it's usually there. It's British so it may be something to do with Brexit and supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I was looking for it in supervalu the other day and none there, it's usually there. It's British so it may be something to do with Brexit and supplies.

Brexit has definitely impacted things but I reckon they will sort it out eventually. They just needed longer than 5 years to prepare :pac:

Great to see a HSE sponsored ad campaign highlighting the links to increased risk of colorectal cancer and eating processed meat. In addition, they also highlight the link to a reduced risk of certain cancers from whole food, plant based foods! It is part of a very reputable and credible group of health bodies which hopefully influences people to the damage they can cause to their health by eating meat.

542012.jpg

542013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Finally an excuse to give myself a brown rice enema!

Finally an excuse to give myself a brown rice enema!

Whatever you're into!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

My local Tesco has a sticker/sign on the shelf today saying Applewood Vegan cheese is expected back in stock on the 23rd of Feb....fingers crossed!!

Advertisement