Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

DeGiro - Products to park cash reserves into to get a little yield/growth

• 10-12-2020 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ Thelonious

I'm looking for a good place to put my money into while it's not tied up in stocks.
    I'm thinking something safe like bonds.
    I get notifications saying I'm not allowed have too much cashish uninvested and I'd like a little bit of yield.
    I wonder ....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007

Thelonious wrote: »
    I'm thinking something safe like bonds.

Bonds are not "safe", they just have a different risk profile. Make sure you understand it before invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ Thelonious

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Bonds are not "safe", they just have a different risk profile. Make sure you understand it before invest.

Gotcha. Thanks I'm already aware of that. There is a range of bonds out there to invest in from US treasuries to junk which range from low risk low yield to high risk high yield.
    I understand that much , but what I lack is an understanding of the mechanics of buying a bond through a broker .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭ circadian

I use Degiro and they run a suitability test for using their services, it should also cover bonds etc. If you are going down this route I would recommend research and if you fail the suitability test, go off and learn again as it really is important to know what you're getting into.

Advertisement