Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Hotel for someone in a difficult domestic situation

• 02-12-2020 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭ KiKi III

I left the place I’m currently living after a member of my family was verbally abusive. I didn’t feel safe staying.

My brother dropped me to the train and I’m now on my way to Dublin, but I have nowhere to stay.

I don’t want to ask any of my friends to break public health guidelines but I don’t know if I’m allowed to book a hotel.

I see hotels are allowed to accommodate a large number of sectors for essential business reasons.

Will they check if I have a proper business reason if I say I do? I would rather not disclose the reason I need to stay there to a receptionist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭ KiKi III

I just called the hotel and they are already open to guests again which I didn’t know.

A mod can lock/ delete the thread please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭ con747

If asked you are on business, but I doubt you will be asked too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ ShineOn7

Sorry for your troubles

At Level 5 there's this:

Hotels are only open to support the provision of essential services.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html

But we're at Level 3 across the board now aren't we? Or is it Level 3 for hotels on Friday?

Best bet is to download the Booking.com app or similar as that'll be upto date

I just checked my Air Bnb app there for you and Generator hostel in Smithfield has a bed in an 8 bed dorm for 17 euros a night

Not ideal but it'll do till you've found your feet a bit better tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement