Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marriage notification Cork

• 29-11-2020 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all, recently engaged and just looking for some of advice as I'm a little confused. We are based in Cork and would like to get married in May or June of 2021, just a very small humanist wedding in a hotel setting. As Covid is making things a bit harder I was hoping someone might know the answers to these questions:

1. I've seen posts where people are saying marriage notification appointments aren't taking place due to covid. There's an online booking system with free dates in December for the Cork City office. Does anyone know if face to face appointments are happening and if so is it just a case of booking and bringing all the necessary documentation?

2. I'm also seeing people saying there is a huge backlog. Are we likely to be able to marry in May or June next year if we are able to give our notification ASAP?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, my brain is just a bit fried at the moment. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Face to face appointments are still happening afaik, we had ours in October and just had to ring to be let in. We only booked it a week or two in advance and had no trouble getting an appointment, and we're for early next summer as well. Once you get an appointment it can be for any time (as long as it's minimum three months away) - it's not like the dates for weddings get booked up. Hope that helps! If you're unsure I'd say just give them a ring, they were very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

There might be a backlog in more popular areas. Remember that you can give your notice in any office, so some might be less busy than others. I got married (pre Covid) in cork, and when I tried to book an appointment there was a 2-3 month wait for a notice appointment in cork city, but I got one two days later In a different office. So that’s an option if you’re prepared to go a bit further.
    As regards your wedding day, if you’d be prepared to get married midweek, you could probably do it sooner than if you have your heart set on a Thursday or Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

had an appointment last Monday - all grand - socially distanced, to be fair the team are lovely - the earliest date we could get was week 4 April, so we took it...........8 in the room with the registrar :(

Advertisement