Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceramic braces and food staining

• 25-11-2020 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got ceramic braces a few weeks ago and am finally adjusting to them.

My only worry is that I might stain the brackets. I have been staying away from certain foods like curry in the fear that I might stain them but my diet is now very limited and I would like to go back to my Friday night cuisine of curry and chips :P

Is there a way of eating my favourite foods and also avoiding staining at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

They won’t stain as easily as that, usually it’s when people eat curry/bolognese type food daily you’d see the brackets yellowing.
    Main offenders for staining are red wine,smoking and clorhexidine mouthwashes. I find the clear plastic ligatures that tie the wire to the bracket stain more easily than the brackets themselves and they get changed throughout treatment. Drink or swish plenty of water with your meal and brush after.

Advertisement