Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ooni pizza ovens & accessories thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did you contact them to get that offer? Doesnt look like mine is going to come before Xmas either, might as well get a silver lining out of it if its going. The price of their accessories are pretty steep for what they are so 25% off would be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

@Muahahaha yeah I sent them an email. And they responded with the offer. Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

They were pretty quick with offering me 10% off my next order for the inconvenience, but once I told them it was a delayed Christmas present they offered up the store credit of 25% of the value of my order. Probably about 80 euro worth of a credit.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I followed up too and it looks like a major F up by them and the warehouse partner.

No Ooni for Christmas, but in fairness a credit of 25% of original order value is a great gesture.

I've something that is similarly late from Zavvi and can't see anything like that happening...

yeah I sent them an email too, they havent responded yet but should after Stephens Day.

I know there have been a lot of problems with global shipping lately but I didnt think it would be as bad as not being able to ship from the Netherlands to Ireland in the space of four weeks. Had thought it might just add a week or so onto usual shipping times but its beyond that now.

• Advertisement

It's a race against time now. My order status has changed to "in transit to region"

I had made plans to spend my credit on a skillet. So If it arrives today I lose my credit.

I an now hoping it doesn't arrive till the next working today 😂

Got my 25% gift card, and spent it already on accessories. The 10% discount they offered me initially for the inconvenience also worked with the gift card. On another positive note, the Ooni has finally started moving on the GLS tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Other than black Friday are these ever on sale?

My Koda finally arrived this morning at 8am by GLS, just as I wanted a lie in but at least its here. I didnt get any text message or email to say it was arriving, just a phone call when he was outside so for those still waiting if an unrecognised number comes up on your phone its likely your delivery.

Not really or at least not with any predictability. iirc they had a summer 10% off sale a couple of years back but Black Friday is the main sale where they have always discounted by 20% this last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

balls. i have buyers remorse, for not getting one of these in black friday sale.

ah well, pizza it is for christmas 2022!

• Advertisement

Mine also arrived this morning but no peel, and no sign of my vouchers.

I ordered a cheap peel on Amazon, god knows how long I'd be waiting for Ooni to deliver it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Had they been in touch about the vouchers at all, or had you contracted them about the delay?

I sent them an email Dec 23rd and they got back saying if if doesnt arrive for Xmas day they would give a 25% voucher. It didnt arrive until two days ago so I followed up the email to ask them to send the voucher and am waiting on a reply, likely will get it on Monday

@Muahahaha did you get your credit yet? My peel arrived yesterday. Still waiting on my credit.

In the meantime my dough is cold proofing for a first run tonight.

Yep got it in an email on Monday, 78 euro worth which is great. Also it appears to me at least that it is a gift card and not a 25% off voucher code as I was expecting. So it looks like I can buy 78 quids worth of accessories for free, I havent been through checkout to make sure of that but I presume thats what a gift card means. If I can get 78 worth of accessories for free then happy days becasue a 25% off voucher wasnt really of much use to me when I already have an oven, I was going to just give it away to family or friends or failing that someone here

edit- can confirm that it is a gift card that gives you the full amount off an order rather than a discount code. I ordered a wooden launching peel, 3 of the feet for the ovens legs and a cast iron skillet. That came to 84 euro but shipping is 20 euro unless the order is over 99 so I added on one of their books The Pizza Bible for 25 euro. Total order then was 109 with free shipping and the gift card brought that down to 32 euro. Happy days as the Black Friday discount on the oven was around 60 euro and now 78 euro of a gift card on top is fantastic. Ive no need for any more accessories now and the cast iron pan will come in handy both cooking in the Ooni and indoors too

Post edited by Muahahaha on

After all the trouble with delayed delivery pre-Christmas, and receiving the 25% gift card, I received my Ooni last week. The following day my neighbour took another Ooni in for me while I was out. Looks like they duplicated my order, I now have two orders received, but no contact from Ooni looking for one back.

I know there's two kinds of people out there, those that would keep the duplicated order, and those that would proactively return the order. Given the value of these, I'm expecting contact from Ooni to arrange the return of one Ooni and the accessories I ordered with it. But there's also a chance I won't be contacted and I might let it stew for a bit and see where it takes me 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭skinnyfries

It’s a tough one! I received an unexpected, unordered delivery from Zara last week, value €170. I wasted an afternoon on the phone/webchat with their Customer Service, who were adamant I’d placed and paid for the order online!! They simply told me to return it to a Zara store. Luckily I was travelling to Dublin the following day and called into their Henry Street shop.

The manager couldn’t believe I didn’t order the item, I wasted over half an hour in-store and eventually they just took items out of box, tagged them and put them back on display! I vowed after leaving the shop, if I ever receive another unexpected, unordered package from them, I’ll just gift the clothes on, it wasn’t worth the hassle and staff genuinely weren’t concerned and were amazed at my honesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

This happened to me late 2020, I contacted customer service who said they would arrange a collection of the extra oven. They sent me an email of the webchat and I never heard from them again! I kept it for over the legally recommended 6 months (mostly due to intercounty travel being banned) before a friend took it.

I saw a post on another forum where this happened someone else and Ooni never contacted them to ask for its return. I get the impression their logistics operation is a bit of a mess, eg sending out ovens and accessories separately rather than boxed together. Also when my own oven was delayed they didnt even seem to know when it was delivered (even though I supplied them the order number). They just said if your oven wasnt delivered by Xmas day we will give you a gift card, they didnt seem to check the order to see if what I was saying was true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pipmae

This pretty much word for word happened me with Littlewoods with a €180 hair straightener. I contacted them to say it was in my order in error (I had ordered the other item in the package) and how would I return it. It caused me more hassle than it was worth TBH. It took up a decent amount of my time on the phone, etc. It was like it was a total inconvenience having to take it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

I ordered €130 of accessories (thermometer, sizzler pan & grizzler plate) on Black Friday for my Koda 16" and like most on here they didn't actually ship when they issued me a shipment notice, all they did was book the shipment with and create a label for GLS but didn't actually send the items to GLS.

I waited a few weeks for the items to actually ship and got onto Ooni complaining that they shouldn't be selling items they are not in a position to fulfil so they more or less fobbed me off with how sorry they were and they'd see if they could speed things up blah blah blah.

The items eventually arrived between Xmas and New Year and then last Friday a second set arrived.

I already spent an hour of my time chasing them up for the original order which arrived way outside any sort of acceptable shipping time.

I have no intention of wasting more of my time trying to return the extra items and will be gifting them to a family member who also bought an Ooni during the summer but not the accessories so they'll go to a good home.

Being disorganised / over trading has a cost and as far as I'm concerned that's a cost Ooni can and should bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Some of the above examples going way too far in terms of what should be expected in such returns I think. If it was a smaller company or one that I had good experience with I might drop one email offering them the chance to send a courier to pick up the items during a short time window of my choosing and that is about as far as I think anyone can be expected to go in this situation. Not a hope I would be spending half a day trying to talk to anyone or bringing anything into a shop.

I got two refunds for a cancelled flight at the very beginning of lockdowns after 12 months of chasing. Never had a worse experience with a company so I pointed this out to them, told them that they could have a voucher which would be redeemable for cash in 12 months and asked them to fill in a form I created. Still waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

What's the website you're using for the accessories listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Amazon have ooni accessories now, might be useful as you don't have to pay the 20 e delivery. I bought the double grizzler and it came to a total of 61.36e delivered to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭skinnyfries

Ooni are increasing the price of the Koda 16 Pizza Oven on 1st February. If you’re in the fence - jump off and buy one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Jesus! I got it at a great bargain price during the first lockdown - Stg£316.80 (it was price at Sg£399 but I had a 20% discount code).

thats serious wedge, iirc it was introduced at 399 then went up to 499 and now up again soon to 599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Have you used it at all?

On the fence on if I would use it or not

Advertisement