Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

“There is no place for racism.”

Coming up, Al Foran impersonates another black celebrity.

What variety of accents have we heard so far? I only heard Eddie Murphy and had to take a call

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

PieOhMy wrote: »
    What variety of accents have we heard so far? I only heard Eddie Murphy and had to take a call

As I have said more than once, it’s not an Eddie Murphy impression so to speak, it’s a Donkey from Shrek impression. Eddie Murphy doesn’t talk like that everyday so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Morgan Freeman and Chris Eubank.

Joe of course, had to introduce them as such, in case we didn’t recognise the impersonation. Always a bad sign (Eddie Large Syndrome).

Well the host and Brendan are doing Whacker and Auld Dub accents. And they’ve never had any complaints. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Eddie used to do a whitey impression as part of his stage show.

• Advertisement

Liveline playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How is that racist?

With the way things are going, if you can't blackface or dress as an Indian, then it is only a matter of time before impersonating somebody in a minority group will be considered "culturally inappropriate".

sligojoek wrote: »
    Eddie used to do a whitey impression as part of his stage show.

Yes but under #woke rules it’s ok for POC to do anything to white people so to to speak that were the shoe on the other foot so to speak would be deemed racist and dat. Dja follow me?

Joe managed to cut himself off there somehow. That's impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Is doing ould dub accents not racist?

• Advertisement

That story didn’t deserve to be on National Radio once, yet on RTÉ it gets aired twice, and the participants got rewarded for it on top of that!

One of the most disgraceful things that has the potential to happen here is the scam artist who wears mens clothes getting some further reward.

More dreary sh1te

With the way things are going, if you can't blackface or dress as an Indian, then it is only a matter of time before impersonating somebody in a minority group will be considered "culturally inappropriate".

We’ve already passed that point caller! I’m serious! And I hope you’re joking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The singing has been good this morning in fairness.

Particularly June Rodgers
    *waits*

Incredible incredible incredible Kodaline.

Kenya in Nairobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
    Apparently, Bosco is due to be on this.

The "journalist" Victoria Mary Clarke.

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Susan McFadden...wow, really bringing out the stars for this show!!

• Advertisement

Me second favourite Christmas tune :)
    It's missin the 'ah-aha-aha's'

I'm still shook at joe praising the presentation of some of the self published books and then audibly firing them onto the floor. Its actually gas.

I have long suspected that Brindin O’Cardle and his family’s flights home at Christmas (Business Class of course - I have had the displeasure of sharing the Business Class cabin with them from Orlando to Dublin), are paid for by RTÉ as part of his remuneration for dis show, along I’m sure with an incredibly heavy fee. On top of that, Mr. O’Cardle gets 2 hours to plug his show, website, tours, DVDs, and various other wares at every opportunity.

I suspect I might treat myself to a FOI request as a Christmas present to myself so to speak dis year and ask de question “fo reals” as de young peeple say.

Kenya in Nairobi

Trier in France

Me faaaaaader used to go to Trier on his business trips to GERMANY. Well he was brought to Trier on picturesque outings, so to speak, from the industrialised area where he was negotiating de purchase of pumps for de ESB power stations an dat. De way he used to bring de German engineers to Powerscourt an dat.

Incredible incredible incredible Kodaline.

I’m only half-listening, no “wunderful, fantastic”?

I have de foyre roaring

I have de foyre roaring
    Minimalistic Christmas stuff.
    Love it, that's the way it should be!:D

I have de foyre roaring

As another RTÉ “star” would say, it looks like a delicious fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ryan Tubridy, ‘The Roald Dahl of Donnybrook”.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have long suspected that Brindin O’Cardle and his family’s flights home at Christmas (Business Class of course - I have had the displeasure of sharing the Business Class cabin with them from Orlando to Dublin), are paid for by RTÉ as part of his remuneration for dis show, along I’m sure with an incredibly heavy fee. On top of that, Mr. O’Cardle gets 2 hours to plug his show, website, tours, DVDs, and various other wares at every opportunity.

I suspect I might treat myself to a FOI request as a Christmas present to myself so to speak dis year and ask de question “fo reals” as de young peeple say.

Well whoy not travel on de bizness class if you are on a junket at somebody's expense bizness so to speak? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement