Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I heard someone mention on the radio earlier that Rip.ie was for sale for €5 million, I can't see a mention of it anywhere though, not on any of the usual news sites. Perhaps RTE could buy it as another investment, they could run ads for Fair City alongside the latest deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

gmisk wrote: »
    I chose to stop reading at this point...lol

Feel free to use it as a review for your beaudiful, wunderful self published book next year

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

amlinopta wrote: »
    I see the Alan Hughes drive in panto which featured prominently on the show has been cancelled due to restrictions. I wonder how much of the €300k grant they stroked will be refunded?
    Heard the ad for the Olympia panto ( think thats the one by the fordener) taking the pias oyt of it - the panto in the car park�� If it is the one that Sammy Sausages was objecting too that is good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Flukey wrote: »
    Who replaced him, Radu the Roma?

the beano in the good old days
    BEANO+1st+issue+(27).jpg

goose2005 wrote: »
    the beano in the good old days
    BEANO+1st+issue+(27).jpg

Omg! So unwoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Update to account for recent events - source
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/disappointment-for-up-to-20000-people-as-drive-thru-panto-forced-to-cancel-from-sunday-39895161.html

Very curious about this whole situation.

First of all Joe Diffy gave a platform on the national station to someone who previously hired him in a private capacity. Mr Sausages had applied for €300,000 to run the annual panto shows in the Shelbourne Hall in the RDS, in be safe ‘COVID-friendly pods’.

Then Sammy Sausages made some allegations about other panto producers on air and where they spend their money and pay their taxes, unchecked by the host.

Ironically Mr Suasages' production company is a tax defaulter.

Then the Department of Arts and Culture discovered that there had been a clerical error and the panto proposal had never found its way in front of the panel to be assessed. The pantos production company, a tax defaulter was subsequently granted the full 300k requested. Without a Government grant their cast and crew will be left without much-needed work.

It was then announced that the panto would take place as drive-in pantomime at Malahide Castle in Dublin i.e recorded and played on a big screen each night.

Maybe if any posters who have experience in applying for grants like this could shed some light on:

Would cost estimates submitted as part of the application be required to be adhered to? As in if it turned out that rental and staff costs turned out to be much lower than set out on the proposal would there be any clawback or audit by the body which issued the grant?

It would be great if the cast and crew were being paid their full fee the same as if they performed each and every matinee and evening show as normal. I really admire people who create business and give employment to other people and support the government's deployment of funds to support the arts.

Further developments.

Sammy sausage will now not being paying the lad working in the carpark or for the use of malhide castle due to the new level 5 restrictions. The panto appears that it is to be streamed direct to people houses instead

The website is not clear on this.

The website has no clear information regarding refunds on the homepage, it does however have instructions for those looking to book extra streams.

I sincerely hope the application for the grant included some more realistic projections on attendance than in the independent article.
    If those calculations are applied to the stream idea there could evently be upwards of 7 billion people watching the Sammy Sausages show
    Also the simple maths in the article inexplicably is incorrect. 32 X 200 is 6,400, not 6,000.

6,400 X €50 = €320,000.

The article also states that the grant awarded to the tax defaulting production company was for €230,000. This was previously widely reported by the same paper and other papers as being €300,000. €70,000 difference. Another clerical error?

With all these errors it can be hard to keep track of what's happening but as per the independent article there could be funds of anywhere between €530,000 and €620,000 at stake.
    If production costs transpire to be lower than projected on the grant application is there any potential for funds to be returned? Is this even a feature of grants? Once the funds are released is that it over and done with? I have no experience of this area so maybe someone more learned than myself might be able to advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,876 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

68114250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Kodaline...

Fook me. What a rank way to start any holiday period!!!

Puke music..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Brendan O Cardell loive

walshb wrote: »
    Kodaline...

Fook me. What a rank way to start any holiday period!!!

Puke music..

I hate their tinny-brassy sound.

• Advertisement

Sounds like he's in de studio with him

Nothing gets you in the mood for Christmas than a singer who sounds as if he’s crying into the microphone.

He must have travelled from Florida, has he isolated etc?

Trier is in Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

2 hours of reliving Covid 2020 misery!!

*Misery* makes it's first appearance in de joyful, Christmas celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Need a translator or subtoytiddles for this.

Is this a comedy piece... oh no, a tale of near Death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Listening to Mourning Ireland and this clown appears to spoil my morning mood! :mad:

Haven't listened to de Joe Duffy Show in a while - turns out daily listening to an overpaid, obnoxious bollix (sorry mods) was causing stress and affecting my sleep. Suffered from poor sleep for a long time but it has improved significantly since I stopped listening to Mr Duffy.

I do miss de thread though. Happy Christmas.

Brendan effortlessly slips into his Mrs. Brown character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What a load of fun and frolicks

• Advertisement

Coughing & wheezing.... not from de near-death covid survivor but from de O'Caddle

Listening to Mourning Ireland and this clown appears to spoil my morning mood! :mad:

Haven't listened to de Joe Duffy Show in a while - turns out daily listening to an overpaid, obnoxious bollix (sorry mods) was causing stress and affecting my sleep. Suffered from poor sleep for a long time but it has improved significantly since I stopped listening to Mr Duffy.

I do miss de thread though. Happy Christmas.

Guaranteed constant pronunciations of death will keep one awake.

This actually makes me wish for Syl Fox and Doc Savage.

And I don’t say that lightly.

Trip to South Africa - home of virus mutations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Are you for real?

Anyway. The liveliners are the Best threads on boards, it is entertaining to the majority.
    And what a year it has been. Loved reading it any day I can.
    Keep up the wonderful, brilliant wurk callers!

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

10 seconds thats all i managed

Think I'll slip into my private hot tub & sauna :)

A white person impersonating black celebrities.

*sucks through teeth*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Joe showing off his knowledge of Dublin, while year after year on Christmas Eve, he doesn't know the difference between Duke Street and Grafton Street.

• Advertisement

Damn, have to set de sauna to hot, have to wait it out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement