Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas DEADLINE spells death knell of Covid: Yuletide Liveline

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Isn’t this the shyte that Darcy normally inflicts on us?

Bosco, just feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I wonder if Joe thought this show would be a good idea. I'd say he's having second thoughts now. He will certainly earn his money today.This is heavy going, and not over till 3.

He's got more sense out of them than a lot of callers on a usual day. However difficult they are, it is not €400k's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

These are kids ffs.

I will never understand the need for grown or middle aged adults to criticise small children in this way. This isn't a mod comment just a personal observation. Obviously Duffy is open to criticism but Jesus.
    Your entitled to your opinion.
    I just prefer to hear from a more down to earth kind of average kid, not the Billy Barry stage school kids but hey just me, just a personal thing, chill out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Betty beatle is better off than me. I never had a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ah will you get off the radio and go back to your box... and take Bosco with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

RTE now have puppets promoting the mandatory vaccine. Along with the other RTE puppets we have been listening to for the last eight months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Covid is a bully. If Tubridy gets his hands in it hes going to break its legs!

gmisk wrote: »
    Your entitled to your opinion.
    I just prefer to hear from a more down to earth kind of average kid, not the Billy Barry stage school kids but hey just me
    Nothing wrong with disliking the Billie Barrie kids, until it starts getting personal about specific, individual kids mate.

Totally unnecessary. The programme was an awful idea and there's plenty material here to criticise the host without picking on a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

poor child, up rooted from Crosshaven to Louth

Nothing wrong with disliking the Billie Barrie kids, until it starts getting personal about specific, individual kids mate.

Totally unnecessary. The programme was an awful idea and there's plenty material here to criticise the host without picking on a small child.
    You have made your point mate, you can get off your high horse now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Jesus, that laughter clip is really starting to grate!

11 posts in 15 minutes.

I think it's safe to say its a lousy show today.

I am out.

This thread has been great craic this year a welcome distraction when working from home

Have a lovely Christmas all and a happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

These are kids ffs.

I will never understand the need for grown or middle aged adults to criticise small children in this way. This isn't a mod comment just a personal observation. Obviously Duffy is open to criticism but Jesus.

You wouldn't want to stand on the sideline of a soccer, football or Hurling match caller.

Criticism of young kids is regular but usually not nasty. "He's playing bad today, her kicking is brutal, he looks unfit, no wonder he's useless sure look who his father is".

Of course soon enough legislation will be brought in to ban all forms of criticism of anybody under 18 in case it hurts their feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ten Pin wrote: »
    And there it is....not even trying to hide the nepotism any more

Let me guess.

Darcy's young lad. He was reviewing a film or something on Ray's show recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

This child has been over trained with her pronunciations and drama...kind of painful...give me a genuine kid like Caleb any day...
    These are kids ffs.

Are you for real?
    Picking on a small child????? Read what was actually said.
    I think you are just looking for something to be offended about.
    What an absolute joke!!!!!!

Anyway. The liveliners are the Best threads on boards, it is entertaining to the majority.
    And what a year it has been. Loved reading it any day I can.
    Keep up the wonderful, brilliant wurk callers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I didn't hear the show but I just rang in to stay it was an absolute disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭golondrinas

diary of a little bollix

I laughed out loud I saw that. I know I shouldn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You have made your point mate, you can get off your high horse now.

@gmisk, tyring to send you a PM but you mailbox is full so to speak. Can you delete some of your fan mail and let me know when you have done so?

:pac:

TYFYS.

The great duets of our time Joe Duffy and Caleb....

Is a Caleb a young soon to be Celeb.?

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    I didn't hear the show but I just rang in to stay it was an absolute disgrace Joe.

How dare you! It was brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, wunderful, fantastic so it was so to speak - and so were de beauriful chislers - de girdles and de bhoys - and every gender in between and dat so to speak.

Is a Caleb a young soon to be Celeb.?

He'll be forgotten as quickly as Car-Loss was.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That was Dee Forbes laughing after she read the retirement party incident report

Yeah and Kay Burley got six months ( not in prison).

@gmisk, tyring to send you a PM but you mailbox is full so to speak. Can you delete some of your fan mail and let me know when you have done so?

:pac:

TYFYS.
    I have deleted a few, please don't give out to me it has been a long day the last thing I want is a circular firing squad so to speak :)

I have deleted a few, please don't give out to me it has been a long day the last thing I want is a circular firing squad so to speak :)

Like a Healy Rae constituent, you're still over de limit caller......

Like a Healy Rae constituent, you're still over de limit caller......
    I had no idea I was so popular....deleted some more can you give it another whirl?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Ah gmisk is one of the great posters of recent times. He got checked pretty hard back there so to speak and then the thread sort of died. Should have been checked about his aul guff about his hatred for Bagatelle though. That was uncalled for😀

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

I see the Alan Hughes drive in panto which featured prominently on the show has been cancelled due to restrictions. I wonder how much of the €300k grant they stroked will be refunded?

amlinopta wrote: »
    I see the Alan Hughes drive in panto which featured prominently on the show has been cancelled due to restrictions. I wonder how much of the €300k grant they stroked will be refunded?

I predict somewhere between €0.00 and €10.00.

• Advertisement

Clon63 wrote: »
    Ah gmisk is one of the great posters of recent times
    I chose to stop reading at this point...lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement