Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSA: Your Tickemaster Gift Card is (maybe) about to expire.

• 20-11-2020 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

So last year there was a Black Friday deal that had Ticketmaster gift cards get 20% off. If you were like me you bought a 250 gift card for 200 quid because there was no way that you wouldn't spend it. Sure enough I spent it but at least one gig was refunded back onto it for me. I just noticed when I did an audit to check what i'd been refunded for and what was postponed. The gift card was due to expire at the end of the month.

I got onto TM support via Twitter DM and they sorted me out transfering the balance to a new card. Worth getting this done before it expires as not too sure what would happen after.

All gift cards from the 2nd of December appear to have a five year life span so if you got one as a Xmas gift just check when it was bought as it might have fallen into the older rules.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Toast wrote: »
    So last year there was a Black Friday deal that had Ticketmaster gift cards get 20% off. If you were like me you bought a 250 gift card for 200 quid because there was no way that you wouldn't spend it. Sure enough I spent it but at least one gig was refunded back onto it for me. I just noticed when I did an audit to check what i'd been refunded for and what was postponed. The gift card was due to expire at the end of the month.

I got onto TM support via Twitter DM and they sorted me out transfering the balance to a new card. Worth getting this done before it expires as not too sure what would happen after.

All gift cards from the 2nd of December appear to have a five year life span so if you got one as a Xmas gift just check when it was bought as it might have fallen into the older rules.

Yeah i was hoping they'd do the same offer again this year again but alas not from the looks of it. Fairly consistent with general lack of BF deals this year IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Did anyone whose gift card expired have any joy getting it extended, just emailed Ticketmaster there as I half forgot about the card I have and there would still be €150 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

In case anyone else has an expired card, Ticketmaster issued me a new one with a five year expiry date. No hassle, very straight forward.

Advertisement