Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there nice guys out there?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    Is this a competition for who can say the dumbest thing or something?

It's very weird how these kinds of threads always bring out a bunch of posters with low post counts out of the woodwork, who use very crass language towards women and exude bitterness, while accusing women of being bitter.

'Women only date jerks and not nice guys like me' is one of the oldest cliches in the book. If I fancy a man and he's not interested in me, I accept that. I don't badger him to give me a chance because 'I'm so nice'. That's called entitled behaviour, and it's not very pleasant.

To answer OP's question, there certainly are nice guys out there, but they're not to be found on dating apps writing about how nice they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

It's very weird how these kinds of threads always bring out a bunch of posters with low post counts out of the woodwork, who use very crass language towards women and exude bitterness, while accusing women of being bitter.

'Women only date jerks and not nice guys like me' is one of the oldest cliches in the book. If I fancy a man and he's not interested in me, I accept that. I don't badger him to give me a chance because 'I'm so nice'. That's called entitled behaviour, and it's not very pleasant.

To answer OP's question, there certainly are nice guys out there, but they're not to be found on dating apps writing about how nice they are.

You come across every bit as toxic and bitter as these "nice guys" you seem to be having a fantasy argument with.

There's nice people everywhere including on dating apps. Trying to brand every man who thinks they're a nice guy a misogynistic asshole is just beyond dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

I love how someone who writes such horrible, misogynistic, crass rubbish about women considers himself 'nice'. Just further illustrates the point that 'nice guy' = a man who feels entitled to women's time and attention and insults and degrades women for having the audacity not to be interested.

Have you ever considered that women can smell this attitude a mile off, and that maybe women are also intelligent human beings who are capable of deciding for themselves who they do and don't want to date? Genuinely nice men don't tend to broadcast how nice they are. Genuinely nice man don't expect to be 'given a chance' by women just for existing. Genuinely nice men don't say things like "they think that because they can get guys to f*** them that that is their weight division".

With the pronoun reversed, have a look at yourself

I love how someone who writes such horrible, misandry, crass rubbish about men considers herself 'nice'. Just further illustrates the point that 'nice gurl' = a woman who feels entitled to men's time and attention and insults and degrades men for having the audacity not to be interested.

Have you ever considered that men can smell this attitude a mile off, and that maybe men are also intelligent human beings who are capable of deciding for themselves who they do and don't want to date? Genuinely nice women don't tend to broadcast how nice they are. Genuinely nice women don't expect to be 'given a chance' by men just for existing.

You *are* the problem

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

OK posters, broad sweeping generalisations help nobody and offer no help or advice to the OP.

OP, of course there are nice men out there. I'm sure you know a few in your life. Dating is a numbers game. And you might chat to quite a few you don't hit it off with before you find someone you click with.

As this thread is just an over and back now we will lock it. All the best in your future dating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement