Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin

• 14-11-2020 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

609211-Sakuna-Of-Rice-and-Ruin.jpg

Its unfortunate for any developer to have to release a game in a schedule where new consoles are due to come out , its equally more painful when you are a small indie studio. Any sort of exposure you are hoping from the big gaming outlets are already tarnished , since everyone is on the hype bandwagon and talk about nothing else but the Playstation 5 and Series X for Views and Clicks for their websites and youtube channels .

TBH I dont know if this thread will get any traction but it seems incredibly unjust for this game not to get the exposure it deserves.
    Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is a game from a Japanese Indie dev called Edelweiss who made such games a Fairy Blossom Freesia, Ether Vapor Remaster and Astebreed

Sakuna is a 2d action side scroller / Rice Farming Simulator , its combat is very similar in style to Vanillawares Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

Ever since I first saw this game from Xseed Facebook page , I have been following this game development ever since . From its beautiful graphics , music and its gameplay.. the fact it was made by only 2 people , Is absoutely incredible.

I really hope this game does very well and it gains more exposure from the big news media outlets like IGN ,POLYGON, GAMESPOT.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gave this a quick go last night and it's fantastic.

For an indie game it looks amazing, Edelweiss somehow manage to make gorgeous games on a tiny budget.

The combat is good fun and gets better as you unlock new moves and can control slapping enemies into each other better. The rice growing as well has just the right amount of depth starting off. Remains to be seen if it improves.

Really love the characters. I was worried about Sakuna being an ancient goddess in a 10 year olds body but thankfully there's nothing pervy and it's played for laughs. She is a spoiled, whiny entitled little bitch and she is hilarious.

It's a shame it's being totally ignored by the mainstream games press as it's an absolute joy and a game of the year contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked it up for the Switch but I have not had a chance to play it yet with the PS5 out, I have always have had a weird soft spot for farming simulator hybrids though.

Advertisement