Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

BMW iNext

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭ Kramer

Oh God, the grille, again :eek:

Buck tooth BMWs :D.

10559_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,593 ✭✭✭✭ ted1

Why is it shapped liked a ICE? Fairly large Frunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭ JohnC.

ted1 wrote: »

No frunk. You can't even open it.
    That bonnet can only be opened by a mechanic/technician, incidentally, though, cleverly, the BMW badge on it opens to allow topping up of the washer fluid for front and rear windows.

JohnC. wrote: »
    No frunk. You can't even open it.

Ah here, that's mad.
    What the hell is in there? A cage full of minks pedaling a generator or what?

Skateboard battery platform, rear motor. There has to be oodles of space up there - it sits high too.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ PaulRyan97

Kramer wrote: »
    Ah here, that's mad.
    What the hell is in there? A cage full of minks pedaling a generator or what?

Skateboard battery platform, rear motor. There has to be oodles of space up there - it sits high too.

The only model they have detailed is AWD so it has a motor up front too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭ JohnC.

Unless they moved it to the boot or something, that means you will have to go to a garage just to change the 12v too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,652 ✭✭✭✭ listermint

No that's viciously bad.

It looks like a very cheap Chinese rip off design of multiple vehicles thrown together.

Really really really poor design on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,516 ✭✭✭✭ Idbatterim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

I fear BMW, my favourite car maker of all time, might never get off the path of self-destruction set in motion by Harald Krüger c.s. when he dismantled the quite successful and leading EV division back many years ago :(

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭ Black_Knight

How much is the orthodontics optional extra pack?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 6,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭ liamog

There is something very off about that grill, am I the only one who see's it and thinks Hitler 'Tash?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭ Mad_Lad

Yeah it looks a bit ridiculous to be honest.

But, haven't a lot of Ex BMW design engineers and engineers in general left BMW so maybe they're struggling with their designs these days ?

Did I hear that Kia now have some Ex BMW designers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ pdpmur

ted1 wrote: »

BMW stated a while back that it was only going to platform share in the short term and not develop a dedicated EV platform. This looks like the end result of that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭ digiman

I hate all this blue trims that they put on these new EVs in BMW.

Also, I can't think of any non-msport BMWs that I like either. If this had the m-sport treatment it could look totally different on the exterior, same with the IX3, looks pretty lame without the m-sport look.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

08fb0e23c37117943fd125af0ec7bc10.jpg

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 30,507 ✭✭✭✭ Lumen

Presumably you could just get the grille resprayed to match the rest of the car. Perhaps some aftermarket supplier will produce a pre-cut vinyl wrap for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭ MJohnston

Everybody hated on the i3 design too, but it got refined over time and grows on you too. I think this iX looks much, much better to start with, and it could improve over time too.

I hate SUVs so I won't be getting one of these, but I'm still excited to see what the i4 will be like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,347 ✭✭✭✭ MJohnston

Some sweet interior shots from here:

539133.jpg

539134.jpg

539135.jpg

Advertisement