Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beware of Free Now

Options
  • 10-11-2020 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I was late and travelling to work. I waited for 5 minutes after the due time for my taxi. I decided to run to the rank instead so that I wouldn’t be late. While I can understand why spurious claims are unfair to taxi drivers, I was charged €5. If somebody takes a certain amount of time beyond what is originally predicted, the cancellation fee should be waived. I have used Free Now a lot over the years. I cancelled my account this evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

You should have contacted them first and told them what happened and if their response wasn’t good enough then delete it. You’re not going to get anything resolved by saying nothing to them and coming on here to give out.

its possible to track the location of the taxi coming to you on the app. Did you check to see how far away they were before cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Its not a hidden fee. It addresses the issue where people both order a taxi using free now, but also jump into a passing taxi if one comes along.
    The policy is clearly laid out and there is an appeal function for special circumstances.

As a customer, if you don't like the service fees - don't use the service - this always applies. But i dont think the fee is unfair in principle.

Im not a taxi driver BTW, but i accept they did need to do something to change customer behaviours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Im not a taxi driver BTW, but i accept they did need to do something to change customer behaviours.

They also need to address the vice versa when a taxi driver cancels on you after accepting the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭3DataModem

They also need to address the vice versa when a taxi driver cancels on you after accepting the call.

They get sanctioned when this happens, at least if they do it excessively. The sanction includes deprioritising them for prebooks and other 'choice' jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

3DataModem wrote: »
    They get sanctioned when this happens, at least if they do it excessively. The sanction includes deprioritising them for prebooks and other 'choice' jobs.

The sanctions have damn all effect so.

The sanctions have damn all effect so.

Apart from directly impacting their income

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If i'm late to the taxi, the meter is running.

If the taxi is late to me, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Did you not contact them and cancel?

And did your workplace sanction you for being late?

Or did they accept that it happens now and again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

3DataModem wrote: »

I’ve had quite a few cancel on me, curious to how this works. Have they x amount of cancellations they are allowed a month or how does it work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement