Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you adhering to the Households rule?

• 07-11-2020 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

I am, but there's definitely some family and friends who aren't and it's frustrating to see

Is it Restrictions fatigue or is it ignorance?

Are people following the Households rule or just doing whatever they like now?

Poll to follow

Are you following the Households rule? 1018 votes

Yes, I am following it and so are friends and family
    67% 683 votes
    Yes I am, but most friends and family aren't
    19% 197 votes
    No I'm not following it, but most friends and family are
    11% 114 votes
    No I'm not following it and either are most friends and family
    2% 24 votes

Comments

People aren't bothering nearly as much as back in spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Poll added

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Yikesoc2

Absolutely not.

I am, yes. You’d wonder why you bother when you see what others are up to though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I am, yes, but it's definitely not as strict as back in spring time for a lot of folk.

I see visitors visiting houses in the estate where I live on an almost daily basis, and it's frustrating to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yes, and as a result I've only seen my girlfriend four times since March, during various un-lockdowns. Kind of galling then when other people don't adhere to it.

Both of us live with vulnerable adults so thats an added complication.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I am, but there's definitely some family and friends who aren't and it's frustrating to see

Is it Restrictions fatigue or is it ignorance?

Are people following the Households rule or just doing whatever they like now?

Poll to follow

People always done whatever they liked and make up or ignore rules/restrictions to suit themselves.

I have been sticking to the restrictions but absolutely fed up with it all now.

I am, yes, but it's definitely not as strict as back in spring time for a lot of folk.

I see visitors visiting houses in the estate where I live on an almost daily basis, and it's frustrating to see.

Yes same

I'm seeing kids back visiting their Grandparents like it's February this year and I'm like "what the fcuk?"

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

I am, yes. You’d wonder why you bother when you see what others are up to though.

I know how you feel.

I am but my family, friends and neighbours aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

We are, but do see some neighbours who are not.

• Advertisement

People always done whatever they liked and make up or ignore rules/restrictions to suit themselves.

I have been sticking to the restrictions but absolutely fed up with it all now.

There was definitely more compliance during Lockdown One

Many just don't care about Lockdown Two. It's as if it wasn't even announced to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Nope.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Yikesoc2

Nope. It's the new normal. I have accepted that the virus is here to stay and we have to get on a live with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    There was definitely more compliance during Lockdown One

Many just don't care about Lockdown Two. It's as if it wasn't even announced to them

I know and I think our government knew people would get tired of it. It's beyond me how they didn't increase hospital capacity.

Even though I'm still following the rules and regulations, not to be compliant but for the health and safety of myself and others around me.

But not sure I can face 2021 and another year of it.

But not sure I can face 2021 and another year of it.

I think/hope that Wave 2 will be the worst of the waves

Hang in there

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭ax530

This time compassionate visits allowed and people who live alone can pair up with another house hold.
    I have family member who I visit could fall under compassion visit but they have had covid so I feel that they are lower risk catching again.
    My children are not visiting anyone nor are they having visitors.
    Lot more understanding of virus now and little less fear so in line with this people acting differently from March/ April.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

Yes, and as a result I've only seen my girlfriend four times since March, during various un-lockdowns. Kind of galling then when other people don't adhere to it.

Both of us live with vulnerable adults so thats an added complication.

That's just silly. Don't put your life on hold for a broadly harmless virus.

I've travelled the length and breadth of the country the last few weeks and months.

RonaVirus wrote: »
    I've traveled the length and breadth of the country the last few weeks and months.

Username checks out so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I am sticking to it. I don't find it difficult to do so, maybe that's why I am sticking to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

No not really, I visit 20 or 30 businesses a day with work, my child shares a class room with 30 children so not much point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... It's beyond me how they didn't increase hospital capacity....
    That's a very strange comment and really displays your ignorance. Pre Covid-19, there was a huge shortage of skilled health service employees despite years of continuous recruitment campaigns. Increasing hospital capacity isn't like extending a shop or factory and slapping up a 'staff wanted' notice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Basically yes. Making use of the bubble rule for my sister who lives alone nearby; something that would have been a very good idea the first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Most reasonable and intelligent people are doing the right things most of the time.

On the other hand, you have weird and lonely souls who come to the internet and invent anonymous personalities to boast about their imaginary exploits, and their anarchical and immature disregard of restrictions etc. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Nope

Im mixing with two other house holds, one is a close friend one is a partner. Outside of that I only leave the house for the weekly shop and walks. I dont feel guilty in breaking the rules, Im being relatively sensible and so are those two individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    No not really, I visit 20 or 30 businesses a day with work, my child shares a class room with 30 children so not much point

Is your child's school not following any Covid mitigation measures??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

ax530 wrote: »
    This time compassionate visits allowed and people who live alone can pair up with another house hold.
    I have family member who I visit could fall under compassion visit but they have had covid so I feel that they are lower risk catching again.
    My children are not visiting anyone nor are they having visitors.
    Lot more understanding of virus now and little less fear so in line with this people acting differently from March/ April.

The problem is compassionate grounds in one definition is only to say a last goodbye to someone before they die and by by another definition is becasue they were bored of lockdown.

The government said once that you would have to apply to the HSE for permission to visit someone on compassionate grounds and that you would clearly know if you were allowed or not but then I've heard no more of that.

That's a very strange comment and really displays your ignorance. Pre Covid-19, there was a huge shortage of skilled health service employees despite years of continuous recruitment campaigns. Increasing hospital capacity isn't like extending a shop or factory and slapping up a 'staff wanted' notice.

Doesn't display any ignorance at all

You're defending the most laughable "health service" in possibly all of the EU

The HSE are a national embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Nigzcurran wrote: »

Is that not all the more reason to follow the guidelines, if you are high risk of spreading it becasue of what you have to do for work then I'd be avoiding friends and family.

KaneToad wrote: »
    Is your child's school not following any Covid mitigation measures??

Nope he’s in first class so no masks required

• Advertisement

GarIT wrote: »
    Is that not all the more reason to follow the guidelines, if you are high risk of spreading it becasue of what you have to do for work then I'd be avoiding friends and family.

I wear a mask all day in work, I’m not trying to catch or spread the virus but life has to go on, my wife lost her job at the start of the first lockdown and was stuck at home with no social interaction at all so to have her family come visit us is far more important for her mental health

Advertisement