Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sprinkles that don't lose their colour in a bake

• 30-10-2020 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any sprinkles [preferably available in Ireland] that don't lose all their colour when baked into cookies or a funfetti cake please? i've seen a load of lovely funfetti recipes from the states but have read that most European sprinkles tend to lose all their colour when baked as opposed to the ones in the States.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭phormium

We don't have the US type called jimmies here which are usually used for the funfetti cakes as the colour goes the whole way through but the confetti type sprinkles you get are pretty good as they are bigger than normal sprinkles so keep sufficient colour to show at least.

You'd get them from all the major cake supplies places and they have them in my Supervalu too, any of the Supervalu shops that have the cake dec section that used to be Decobake would have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

phormium wrote: »
    We don't have the US type called jimmies here which are usually used for the funfetti cakes as the colour goes the whole way through but the confetti type sprinkles you get are pretty good as they are bigger than normal sprinkles so keep sufficient colour to show at least.

You'd get them from all the major cake supplies places and they have them in my Supervalu too, any of the Supervalu shops that have the cake dec section that used to be Decobake would have them.

Thank you. i'll have to hunt them down.

Advertisement